Letter to the Editor: Do we really want liberal ways of thinking?
Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. Do we want the “progressive” socialist agenda that the Democrats love to pursue? Do we really want liberal ways of thinking? If so, the stage has been set and here are the highlights of what you will get:
1. Higher taxes
2. More government hand-outs.
3. Wide-open doors for illegal immigrants.
4. Homosexual marriages.
5. Anti-gun legislation.
6. Taxpayer dollars for abortion and the barbaric procedure known as partial-birth abortion when up to full-term a baby is killed as it is being born.
7. Fewer freedoms for personal choices along with higher costs in health care.
8. More government intrusion and regulation.
9. Spending sprees on education without accountability.
10. Interference and exploitation from unions. Behind all of this is the incessant driving force to push God out of our schools, our economy, our culture, our homes, and maybe even, our churches.
Along with the masterfully crafted smear campaigns and smokescreens to avoid talk on the real issues that matter, jobs and the economy, Democrats rally on lies and deception to masquerade the truth of the matter.
Noah Webster once said:
“When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers, ‘just men who will rule in the fear of God.’ The preservation of [our] government depends on the faithful discharge of this Duty; if the citizens neglect their Duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made, not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the Laws; the public revenues will be squandered on unworthy men; and the rights of the citizen will be violated or disregarded. If [our] government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the Divine Commands, and elect bad men to make and administer the Laws.”
Michelle Payne, Winchester
Print This Article