NVDAILY.COM | Opinion
Posted December 12, 2013 | Leave a comment
Editorial: Don't let your holiday go up in flames
Are you ready for the holiday fire season?
Now is the time of year when holiday decorations and Christmas trees can go up in flames, space heaters get kicked over or are moved too close to something flammable and chimneys catch fire.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, food left on the stove unattended is the leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries in the nation. So, if you're going to cook this holiday season, watch that pot.
Here are some other holiday season fire prevention tips by the association:
And this should go without saying -- regardless of how welcoming those candles look in each of your windows, use battery-operated candles. A lit candle in the window can set a blind or drapes on fire.
Stay safe this season!
Copyright © The Northern Virginia Daily | nvdaily.com | 152 N. Holliday St., Strasburg, Va. 22657 | (800) 296-5137