Letter to the Editor: This is what Democrats stand for
How can any intelligent person say they don’t know what Democrats stand for? I can tell you right now:
1. We stand for civil dialogue and respect in public discourse.
2. We stand for respecting the rights of men, women, minorities, immigrants and the disabled.
3. We stand for regulatory protection of consumers and the environment.
4. We stand for access to health care for all.
5. We stand for freedom of religion.
6. We stand for respecting our institutions of government – such as a president serving four-year terms to which s/he was elected.
Katherine Morrison, Woodstock