The Northern Virginia Daily Sports staff collaborated to create a top 10 volleyball list. Each staffer voted, with 10 points being awarded to the top ranked team, nine to the No. 2 team and so on. Numbers in parenthesis indicate where each team was last week.
1. Millbrook (2), 3-0, 0-0 Northwestern -- Millbrook started the season off with solid wins over Dominion, Martinsburg (W.Va.) and Jefferson County (W.Va.). Millbrook swept all three matches.
2. Strasburg (3), 3-1, 0-0 Bull Run -- The Rams have struggled recently, but they still managed to pull out wins. Good teams usually find a way to win when they're not playing their best.
3 tie. James Wood (4), 3-0, 0-0 Northwestern -- The Colonels have looked solid to begin the season. It's a good start for a young squad.
3 tie. Sherando (1), 2-4, 0-0 Northwestern -- The Warriors had a tough week losing four consecutive matches to four quality teams. The tough schedule could pay off for Sherando in the long run.
5. Clarke County (6 tie), 4-1, 0-0 Bull Run -- Clarke County should have lots of added confidence after going 3-0 in last week's Apple Capital tournament at Handley.
6. Handley (6 tie), 2-1, 0-0 Northwestern -- The Judges started the season off with two wins in their tournament. The Judges have a tough schedule next week, which includes a matchup with Musselman (W.Va.).
7. Central (8), 2-3, 0-0 Shenandoah -- The Falcons have won back-to-back matches after starting the season off 0-3.
8. Stonewall Jackson (5), 2-2, 0-0 Shenandoah -- The Generals have had a tough early-season schedule, which could pay big dividends down the road.
9. Skyline (9 tie), 2-3, 0-0 Northwestern -- The Hawks are playing a lot of strong teams in their non-district schedule and taking their lumps early. The young squad should only improve as the season goes on.
10. Warren County (9 tie), 0-3, 0-0 Evergreen -- The Wildcats have lost some close matches in the early part of the season, but the experience should pay off by the time they get into the district schedule.