• Deante Hogan, Skyline -- A sophomore, Hogan finished as the runner-up in the Northwestern District meet and placed 10th in the Region II meet. Hogan ranked among the area's fastest in the 100.
• Jody Caison, Skyline -- A senior, Caison won the Northwestern District meet championship, finished fourth in the Region II meet and competed in the Group AA state meet for the Hawks.
• Dylan Shirley, Stonewall Jackson -- A senior, Shirley bounced back from a third-place finish in the Region B meet to win the Group A state championship with a personal-best time of 49.90. That time also ranked as the area's best this season.
• Logan Patrick, Central -- A junior, Patrick delivered his best-ever performance when it counted most to win the Group A state championship. Patrick ranked among the area's best times in the 800.
• Seumas O'Reilly, Warren County -- A senior, O'Reilly finished fifth in the Group AA state championship meet. O'Reilly added a runner-up finish in the Region II meet and finished with the area's second-best time in the distance.
• Thomas Madden, Skyline -- A junior, Madden won the Group AA state championship in the 3,200 with a time of 9:25.95. His best time in that distance during the season, and also the area's best, was a blistering 8:56.51.
• John-Michael Pirtle, Stonewall Jackson -- A senior, Pirtle capped an outstanding prep career with a state championship in the Group A meet. Pirtle's performance helped the Generals win their first-ever boys title. Pirtle added Shenandoah District and Region B titles during the season.
• Justin Bauserman, Central --A sophomore, Bauserman didn't have his best day at the Group A state meet, but it was still good enough to bring home a championship. He finished with the area's best time in the 300 hurdles. Bauserman added Bull Run District and Region B titles during the season.
• Stonewall Jackson (Trevor Warner, Devon Martin, Dylan Shirley, John-Michael Pirtle) -- The Generals' quartet produced a third-place finish at the Group A state meet. They also captured the Shenandoah District title for Stonewall Jackson.
• Sherando (Seth Chewey, Ben Hatton, Devon Newman, Chris Smith) -- Sherando's quartet managed a seventh-place finish at the Group AA state meet That group also won the Northwestern District title, while Newman and Smith teamed with Josue Ramos and Mitchell Alderton to win the Region II title.
• Sherando (Joel McAuliffe, Ben Hatton, Ryan Hindle, Seth Chewey) -- The Warriors' quartet delivered a 10th-place finish at the Group AA state meet. Sherando posted the area's best time in the distance at 8:14.00 this season.
• Chris Smith, Sherando -- A junior, Smith capped a dazzling month by winning the Group AA state championship with a jump of 6 feet, 5 inches. Smith was consistently solid, winning the Northwestern District crown with a jump of 6-0 and the Region II title with a leap of 6-3.
• Dylan Shirley, Stonewall Jackson -- A senior, Shirley produced his personal best with a school-record breaking jump of 23 feet, 1.75 inches to win the Group A state championship. Shirley also won the Shenandoah District title in the long jump.
• Devon Newman, Sherando -- A senior, Newman posted an 11th-place finish at the Group AA state meet. He added championships in the Region II and Northwestern District meets, and finished with the area's second-best distance in the event.
• Travis Ritter, Sherando -- A senior, Ritter scored a fifth-place finish at the Group AA state meet. His best state meet throw of 51-03.75 also ranked as the area's best this season.
• Travis Cooper, Central --A sophomore, Cooper tallied a fourth-place finish at the Group A state meet. Cooper didn't record his best distance in Radford at states, but finished the year with the area's longest toss at 151-10.
COACH OF THE YEAR
• Dick Krol, Stonewall Jackson