The Warren County Parks and Recreation Department, in cooperation with the Front Royal Gold Club Advisory Committee, will host a Family FootGolf Fun Day Tournament from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Front Royal Golf Club.
The game combines the skills of soccer with the rules of golf.
Entry fee is $20 for a family of four for 18 holes and a hamburger or hot dog. Proceeds benefit the Warren Coalition Schools Scholarship Fund. Information: 540-636-9061 or Parks/Rec at 540-635-7750.
The Shenandoah County Department of Parks and Recreation has announced the following upcoming classes:
• Okinawan martial arts: 6:30-7:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 6-Oct. 13, at Anytime Fitness in Woodstock. Registration fee: $60 with extra family members for $25 each.
The Warren County Department of Parks and Recreation has announced the following upcoming classes:
• Tiny Tykes play day: 1-2 p.m., starts Friday, held on Tuesdays and Fridays through December, at Health & Human Services gym, 465 W. 15th St., Front Royal, for ages 2-5. Cost: $2 each date or $20 for punch cards.
• Table tennis leagues: registration deadline Sunday, held 6 p.m., Mondays starting Sept. 12 at Health & Human Services Complex, men’s and women’s leagues forming, must be 16 to participate. Cost: $32.
• Seniors’ games: 10 a.m.-noon Mondays and 3-5 p.m. Fridays, at county Community Center, 538 Villa Ave., Front Royal, for ages 55 and older. Drop-in program, free.
• Hawks developmental basketball skills sessions: 3:30-5 p.m., Aug. 31, Sept. 14 and 28, Oct. 12 and 26, Nov. 9, at Ressie Jeffries Elementary School, for youth in grades 1-5. Cost: $10 per player.
• Doubles disc golf: registration deadline Sept. 2, 5:30 p.m., Thursdays at Rockland Park, Front Royal, ages 16 and older. Fee: $35 per team.
• Pick-up pickleball: 10 a.m.-noon, Wednesdays starting Sept. 7 at Health & Human Services Complex, for ages 55 and older. Cost: $2 for the drop-in program.
• Co-ed sand volleyball league: registration deadline Sept. 7, 6 p.m. on Mondays in September at Lions Parks, Burrell Brooks Park and Gertrude E. Miller Park, must be 16 to participate. Cost: $50 per team.
• Youth volleyball: noon-1 p.m. for ages 4-8 or 1-2 p.m. for ages 9-16, Sundays starting Sept. 11 at Health & Human Services gym, six weeks. Cost: $35.
• Tot tumbling: noon-12:40 p.m. or 6-6:40 p.m., starts Sept. 12, six weeks, at Health & Human Services Complex gym, for ages 4 and younger. Cost: $62 per child.
Information: 540-635-1021, email firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.warrencountyva.net.
Print This Article