Candles blamed for fire

A lit candle ignited “combustible materials” in a Warren County home and started a small blaze that forced out the owner Friday afternoon, fire officials said.

Crews responded to 196 Stokes Airport Road in the Rivermont area around 1 p.m. for a reported kitchen fire, according to information from the Warren County Department of Fire and Rescue Services. Crews found smoke on the second floor. The homeowner discovered the fire upon returning home from shopping and extinguished the flames by the time crews arrived.

Fire investigators determined that the resident used candles too close to combustible materials. The fire ran out of fuel, limiting the damage. Officials estimated the damage at $15,000.

Comment Policy

Print This Article

Warren County

Local News