The Apple Blossom parade is this weekend! Many people are preparing snacks and meals for the event. Party foods and snacks can be healthy as well as tasty. Here are some ideas that might catch your guests' attention:
• Strawberries and pineapple chunks dipped in chocolate
• Fruit kabobs
• Bowls of fresh apples to remind people of what we grow in the valley
• Zucchini, red pepper and carrot sticks with Greek-style yogurt dips
• Artichoke hearts with tomatoes on toothpicks
• Watermelon bowls filled with fruit
• Mixed nut cups
• Popcorn in 3-ounce. cups
• Create a salad. Offer a variety of vegetables and let people mix and match to create their own personal salads.
• If you are offering sweets, serve smaller portions
• Fill a clear pitcher with water and slices of oranges, lemons and limes
Be creative. People may be attending multiple events and may welcome some healthy alternatives to help them manage their calories and sodium for the week.
Enjoy the "Bloom" with healthy foods!