The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank needs low-risk individuals to volunteer to help process food distributions. The age limit to volunteer has been lowered to 16. Here is a list of area food pantries:
• Compassion Cupboard, 533 Burgess St., Strasburg, 540-465-9476, open 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
• My Church-Keep the Change Food Pantry, 23749 Old Valley Pike, Woodstock, 888-294-9673, open 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Emmanuel's Table, 122 E. Court St., Woodstock, 540-459-2970, open 9 a.m.-noon Tuesdays.
• Bread of Life Food Pantry, 156 S. Muhlenberg St., Woodstock, 540-459-4144, open 1-4 p.m. third Tuesday and Thursday of each month.
• Columbia Furnace Love Center, 20194 Senedo Road, Edinburg, 540-459-3711, open by appointment from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of the month and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on the second, fourth and fifth Wednesday.
• Open Door Food Pantry, 12278 Old Valley Pike, Mount Jackson, 540-477-4080, open 1-6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month.
• Manor Memorial United Methodist Church Food Pantry, 9320 Congress St., New Market, 540-740-8959, open 1-6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month.
• Front Royal Church of Christ Food Pantry, 140 W. 15th St., Front Royal, 540-635-2613, call to make an appointment.
• Catholic Charities Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry, 613 N. Royal Ave., Front Royal, 540-252-4320, open 1-4 p.m. Tuesdays and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Front Royal-Warren County C-Cap Food Pantry, 316 N. Royal Ave., Front Royal, 540-636-2448, open 9 a.m.-noon Monday through Friday.
• Streetwise Ministries, 517 Braxton Road, Front Royal, open 7-9 p.m. for at-risk youth and their families.
• Salvation Army Food Pantry, 357 Cloud St., Front Royal, 540-635-4020, open 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (closed from noon to 1 p.m. for lunch).
• Victory Church, 2870 Middle Road, 540-667-9400, open 12:30-1:30 p.m. each Wednesday.
• Seventh Day Adventist Church of Winchester Adventists Community Service, 1508 Valley Ave., 540-665-0527, open 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Knights of Columbus Soup Kitchen, 519 S. Cameron St., 540-662-4830, open 4-6 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Centenary United Church of Christ, 202 S. Cameron St., 540-662-9067, open noon-1 p.m. for the soup kitchen and 1-2 p.m. for the food pantry on the second and fourth Friday of the month.
• Hope Again Care Center, 213 S. Braddock St., 540-667-8017, open 9 a.m.-noon on the first through the fourth Saturday of the month; from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for first-time clients on Tuesdays through Thursdays.
• C Cap of Winchester, 112 Kent St., 540-662-4318, open 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Fridays.
• First Baptist Church, 205 W. Piccadilly St., 540-662-5367, by appointment only.
• Winchester Union Rescue Mission, 435 N. Cameron St., 540-667-5379, open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. each Tuesday.
• Highland Food Pantry, 446 Highland Ave., 540-533-0347, open 9-11:30 a.m. and 6:30-8 p.m. each Tuesday.
• Salvation Army, 300 Fort Collier Road, Winchester, 540-662-4777, open 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• St. Paul's On the Hill, 1527 Senseny Road, Winchester, 540-667-8110, open 1-3 p.m. on the first Sunday of the month.
• Church of Christ at Mt. View, 153 Narrow Lane, Winchester, 540-869-2244, open 6-7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Stephens City United Methodist Church, 5291 Main St., Stephens City, 540-869-2348, open noon-3 p.m. Tuesdays and 6:15-7:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
• Welltown United Methodist Church, 1444 Welltown Road, Clear Brook, 540-665-0433, open 5:30-7 p.m. Thursdays.
• Lord Fairfax Community Food Pantry, 173 Skirmisher Lane, Middletown, 540-868-4091, open 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday for LFCC students only.
• Hayfield Assembly of God, 5118 Northwestern Pike, Gore, 540-877-1443, open 10 a.m.-noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
• Christ Church Cares Food Pantry, 809 Bishop Meade Road, Millwood, 540-837-1112, open 9-11 a.m. on the first Friday of the month and 1-3 p.m. on the first Friday for seniors 65 and older.
• Fish of Clarke County, 36 E. Main St., Berryville, 540-955-1136, open 9 a.m.-noon Wednesdays and Saturdays.
• Duncan Memorial United Methodist Church, 311 E. Main St., Berryville, 540-955-3700, open 9 a.m.-noon on the third Friday of each month.
Financial contributions are always needed and may be done online at www.brafb.org/give-now. A list of food pantries is available online at www.brafb.org/find-help/pantry-locator. Information: Abena Foreman-Trice at 540-280-6588.
- Starting Thursday, March 19th, 2020, repeats every day until Tuesday, June 30, 2020 — all day
- Area health care workers running short of supplies for pandemic
- Little League on hold due to Coronavirus
- RSW working to keep staff, inmates safe
- Banks nationwide face rush of applications for COVID-19 assistance
- Governor urges Virginians to wear masks in public
- Family practice maintains community presence despite changes
- County to hold one more meeting before adopting budget
- Financial adviser points to optimism for investors