No Kid Hungry
The nonprofit organization No Kid Hungry is making sure kids are getting meals since schools have closed.
Families are encouraged to text FOOD or COMIDA to 877-877 to find free food sites organized by school districts and other community organizations.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank needs low-risk individuals to volunteer to help process food distributions. The age limit to volunteer has been lowered to 16. Here is a list of area food pantries:
• Compassion Cupboard, 533 Burgess St., Strasburg, 540-465-9476, open 9 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
• My Church-Keep the Change Food Pantry, 23749 Old Valley Pike, Woodstock, 888-294-9673, open 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Emmanuel's Table, 122 E. Court St., Woodstock, 540-459-2970, open 9 a.m.-noon Tuesdays.
• Bread of Life Food Pantry, 156 S. Muhlenberg St., Woodstock, 540-459-4144, open 1-4 p.m. third Tuesday and Thursday of each month.
• Columbia Furnace Love Center, 20194 Senedo Road, Edinburg, 540-459-3711, open by appointment from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on the first and third Wednesday of the month and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. on the second, fourth and fifth Wednesday.
• Open Door Food Pantry, 12278 Old Valley Pike, Mount Jackson, 540-477-4080, open 1-6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month.
• Manor Memorial United Methodist Church Food Pantry, 9320 Congress St., New Market, 540-740-8959, open 1-6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month.
• Front Royal Church of Christ Food Pantry, 140 W. 15th St., Front Royal, 540-635-2613, call to make an appointment.
• Catholic Charities Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry, 613 N. Royal Ave., Front Royal, 540-252-4320, open 1-4 p.m. Tuesdays and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Front Royal-Warren County C-Cap Food Pantry, 316 N. Royal Ave., Front Royal, 540-636-2448, open 9 a.m.-noon Monday through Friday.
• Streetwise Ministries, 517 Braxton Road, Front Royal, open 7-9 p.m. for at-risk youth and their families.
• Salvation Army Food Pantry, 357 Cloud St., Front Royal, 540-635-4020, open 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (closed from noon to 1 p.m. for lunch).
• The Warren Charge Food Pantry, located at Asbury United Methodist Church, accepts applications for assistance and distribute food from 10 a.m. to noon on the third Saturday of each month at 7973 Stonewall Jackson Highway, Front Royal. Information: 540-692-8386.
• Olive Branch Food Bank at Victory Church, 2870 Middle Road, 540-667-9400, open 9 a.m.-noon each Wednesday for curbside pickup.
• Seventh Day Adventist Church of Winchester Adventists Community Service, 1508 Valley Ave., 540-665-0527, open 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesdays.
• Knights of Columbus Soup Kitchen, 519 S. Cameron St., 540-662-4830, open 4-6 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Centenary United Church of Christ, 202 S. Cameron St., 540-662-9067, open noon-1 p.m. for the soup kitchen and 1-2 p.m. for the food pantry on the second and fourth Friday of the month.
• Hope Again Care Center, 213 S. Braddock St., 540-667-8017, open 9 a.m.-noon on the first through the fourth Saturday of the month; from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. for first-time clients on Tuesdays through Thursdays.
• C Cap of Winchester, 112 Kent St., 540-662-4318, open 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Fridays.
• First Baptist Church, 205 W. Piccadilly St., 540-662-5367, by appointment only.
• Winchester Union Rescue Mission, 435 N. Cameron St., 540-667-5379, open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. each Tuesday.
• Highland Food Pantry, 446 Highland Ave., 540-533-0347, open 9-11:30 a.m. and 6:30-8 p.m. each Tuesday.
• Salvation Army, 300 Fort Collier Road, Winchester, 540-662-4777, open 8:30-11:30 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 1-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• St. Paul's On the Hill, 1527 Senseny Road, Winchester, 540-667-8110, open 1-3 p.m. on the first Sunday of the month.
• Church of Christ at Mt. View, 153 Narrow Lane, Winchester, 540-869-2244, open 6-7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Stephens City United Methodist Church, 5291 Main St., Stephens City, 540-869-2348, open noon-3 p.m. Tuesdays and 6:15-7:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
• Welltown United Methodist Church, 1444 Welltown Road, Clear Brook, 540-665-0433, open 5:30-7 p.m. Thursdays.
• Lord Fairfax Community Food Pantry, 173 Skirmisher Lane, Middletown, 540-868-4091, open 8 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday for LFCC students only.
• Hayfield Assembly of God, 5118 Northwestern Pike, Gore, 540-877-1443, open 10 a.m.-noon on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month.
• Christ Church Cares Food Pantry, 809 Bishop Meade Road, Millwood, 540-837-1112, open 9-11 a.m. on the first Friday of the month and 1-3 p.m. on the first Friday for seniors 65 and older.
• Fish of Clarke County, 36 E. Main St., Berryville, 540-955-1136, open 9 a.m.-noon Wednesdays and Saturdays.
• Duncan Memorial United Methodist Church, 311 E. Main St., Berryville, 540-955-3700, open 9 a.m.-noon on the third Friday of each month.
Financial contributions are always needed and may be done online at www.brafb.org/give-now. A list of food pantries is available online at www.brafb.org/find-help/pantry-locator. Information: Abena Foreman-Trice at 540-280-6588.
- Starting Thursday, March 19th, 2020, repeats every day until Tuesday, September 01, 2020 — all day
- This Weekend: July 10
- Virus Outbreak: Bed Bath & Beyond closing stores
- Community News: July 10
- Out Of The Past
- Front Royal town manager search continues
- Man who robbed New Market bank pleads guilty
- Virginia recovering from a small second wave of COVID-19
- Harness racing to go on this fall in Woodstock