The Shenandoah Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, is organizing a "Scouting for Food" drive on May 30 to help replenish area food pantries whose supplies have been depleted during the COVID-19 emergency.
Anyone wishing to donate nonperishable food items may drop off items from noon to 2 p.m. at the following locations:
• City of Winchester-Frederick County: Miller's Ace Hardware, 208 Centre Drive, Stephens City or Scout Service Center, 107 Youth Development Court, Winchester.
• Shenandoah County: Strasburg Food Lion, 794 Shopping Center Road.
• Warren County: Front Royal Volunteer Fire Department, 221 N. Commerce St.
• Rappahannock County: Rappahannock Food Pantry, 11763 Lee Highway, Sperryville.
Further information is available by calling 540-662-2551 or visit www.sac-bsa.org.
- Mowing The Day Away
- Out Of The Past
- Chapter Participates In Holiday Events
- Gerald Almy: Several plants are great for fall food plots
- Community cookbook to commemorate COVID-19 cuisine
- Business leaders still encouraging safety
- Local COVID-19 positivity rate on the rise
- Central appeals for drop down to Class 2 amid VHSL's mid-cycle adjustments