March 5 is the deadline to register for two free Heritage Day genealogy research webinars sponsored by Handley Library and the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley being at 10 and 11:30 a.m. March 6.
At 10 a.m., explore the 1924 Virginia Racial Integrity Act and its impact on family research today with Ashley Ramey and Emma Ito of the Library of Virginia. At 11:30 a.m., find out about using unusual sources for family history research with Zach Hottel, archivist at the Shenandoah County Library. Both webinars will include information on local historical societies and library resources.
- 'Storm Dog' novel takes a trip to Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival
- Co-defendant in murder of Tristen Brinklow to become witness
- Front Royal man indicted on murder charge in overdose death
- Virginia sees 2 million fully vaccinated, though summer surge still possible
- Shenandoah County supervisors could consider letter opposing LFCC name change
- County GOP to hold firehouse primaries for supervisor candidates
- Warren County budget raises salaries, keeps taxes steady
- Strasburg girls win Region 2B title for first time since 1994