The Handley Regional Library System will begin its virtual summer reading program for kids and teens May 30 with a special day-long kickoff program called Rally for Reading on Facebook and Instagram @handleyregional. This year’s theme is “Imagine Your Story.”
The summer reading program will run through Aug. 6, featuring interactive story times and puppet shows, teen-led art programs and video game nights, STEAM activities from home and more.
Virtual and live programs can be viewed online through Facebook @handleyregional. Participants can win prizes based on completion of activities and number of books and minutes read. Some virtual programs will have grab-and-go kits made available with supplies and activities to support the program. Patrons can check for those announcements, more information, and register for kits on the library calendar once they are available at www.handleyregional.org. To sign-up online for the program directly and access a mobile app that will track reading progress, visit www.handleyregional.org/youthsummerreading.
- Out Of The Past
- Chapter Participates In Holiday Events
- Gerald Almy: Several plants are great for fall food plots
- Community cookbook to commemorate COVID-19 cuisine
- Local COVID-19 positivity rate on the rise
- Business leaders still encouraging safety
- Central appeals for drop down to Class 2 amid VHSL's mid-cycle adjustments
- Virus Outbreak: Strong demand for virus testing services