The Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg has announced the arrival of the exhibit “New Virginians: 1619-2019 & Beyond” on loan through March 7 from the Library of Virginia.
The exhibit highlights the changing demographics of the commonwealth on the eve of the 2020 census through a series of interviews with first-generation immigrants and refugees who arrived in Virginia after 1976. It includes a series of interpretive panels that uses information to explore the complexity of the immigrant and refugee experience and two kiosks that offer access to additional materials including complete interviews.
The library is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays. Information: 540-984-8200 or visit www.countylib.org.
- Open For Business
- 'It was the decision we had to make': Local VBL teams react to league's cancellation of 2020 season
- Valley Baseball League cancels 2020 season
- Meals on Wheels continues to serve area seniors
- SAAA course focuses on balance
- Out Of The Past
- Business News: April 4
- Recipients of 2019-2020 Moore grants named