The Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg has announced the arrival of the exhibit “New Virginians: 1619-2019 & Beyond,” on loan from the Library of Virginia. The exhibit will be at the library through March 7.
The exhibit highlights the changing demographics of the Commonwealth on the eve of the 2020 census through a series of interviews with first-generation immigrants and refugees who arrived in Virginia after 1976. It includes a series of interpretive panels that uses information to explore the complexity of the immigrant and refugee experience and two kiosks that offer access to additional materials including complete interviews.
- Religion News: Feb. 22
- George Bowers Sr.: Planting seeds for Jesus
- Jefferson's Turner highlights state meet with 100 title
- Community News: Feb. 22
- School Menu: Feb. 22
- Former Teacher of the Year's suit set for trial
- Volunteers recognized as United Way celebrates successful 2019
- Agency sees success with commuter bus