Bowman Library in Stephens City has on display the Prohibition-era exhibit “Teetotalers & Moonshiners: Prohibition in Virginia, Distilled” through Jan. 17.
The exhibit includes a series of informational banners and an interactive tablet display to tell the story of the lasting effects of prohibition, including the economic and social costs and the rise of illegal alcohol production and sale as an underground culture and economy. The exhibit is on loan from the Library of Virginia.
To compliment the exhibition, Handley Library has curated a display of photographs, artifacts and other materials surrounding local events and history during prohibition. Information: www.handleyregional.org/teetolalers.
- Community News: Feb. 17
- Police Blotter: Strasburg
- Falcons fall on senior night to Dragons
- Judd continues strong postseason, wins regional title for Warriors
- Rams win Region 2B wrestling title with six individual champions
- Front Royal man charged with child pornography is indicted
- Dead ash trees being removed from county park
- Public Meetings: Feb. 17