The Warren Coalition, in partnership with Northwestern Prevention Collaborative, will offer a free virtual course on Secondary Trauma: Recognizing the Signs, How to Help Yourself, and When to Step Away. The two-hour presentation will be offered twice on May 24, at 10 a.m. and again at 6 p.m.
Individuals who listen to firsthand traumatic experiences of others, or those who witness the after-effects of trauma, can be affected by “secondary trauma.” Following the exposure to others’ trauma, the individual can develop symptoms similar to post-traumatic stress disorder.
This training will explore who is most at-risk for secondary trauma, the signs, ways to help support those exposed, how organizations can help prevent secondary trauma, and when it is time to disengage.
- Occurred Monday, May 24th, 2021 @ 10:00 am EDT
- Occurred Monday, May 24th, 2021 @ 6:00 pm EDT
- Community News: June 16
- Strasburg Town Council discusses new stimulus funding, town manger search
- Florida man arrested on sexual offenses that allegedly happened in Front Royal
- Front Royal council may consider buying back old Town Hall
- The Heirloom Project: Keeping our lost loved ones alive
- River Solace
- Local photographer opens gallery in Woodstock
- Add Mediterranean flair to your dinner table