Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation is offering the following classes:
• Okinawan Martial Arts for beginners: registration deadline Feb. 25. Class held twice weekly in Toms Brook starting March 3 for six weeks, 6-7 p.m., days vary, $60, extra family members pay $25 each.
• Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention (ages 55 and older): registration deadline March 1, class held 10-10:45 a.m. Saturdays starting March 13 for six weeks in south gymnasium of W.W. Robinson Elementary School, Woodstock, $35.
• Hand knitting class: registration deadline March 2, class held March 9 at County Government Center, Woodstock. Times: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for ages 55 and older, $35; 6-9 p.m. for ages 16 and older, $39. Check with Parks/Rec office for material list.
• Card-making class (for ages 55 and older): registration deadline March 2, class held 1:30-3:30 p.m. March 16 at County Government Center, $25.
• St. Patrick’s Day cookie decorating party: registration deadline March 8, class held March 15 at County Government Center. Times: 10 a.m.-noon for ages 55 and older, $40; 6-8 p.m. for ages 14 and older, $44.
• Beginners Crochet: registration deadline March 16, class held March 23-April 27 at County Government Center. Times: 10 a.m.-noon for ages 55 and older, $35; 6-8 p.m. ages 16 and older, $38. Contact Parks/Rec for material list.
• Creative and Social “Artworking:” registration deadline March 18, held March 24 at Suzanne’s Studio in Woodstock. Create a clay garden house, $45.
• Upcoming trips 2021: Sept. 27-Oct. 2, Elvis Rock and Blues Tour; Oct. 11-15, fall foliage trip in Vermont; Nov. 7-13, New Orleans.
• Upcoming trips 2022: March 12-19, Ireland; May 24-June 3, Alaska and Denali National Park.
Information, registration: 540-459-6777.
- Occurred Thursday, February 25th, 2021 — all day
- Occurs Monday, March 1st, 2021 — all day
- Occurs Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021 — all day
- Occurs Monday, March 8th, 2021 — all day
- Occurs Tuesday, March 16th, 2021 — all day
- Occurs Thursday, March 18th, 2021 — all day
- Pilot survives crash landing in Frederick County
- This Weekend: Feb. 26
- Courthouse Notes: Shenandoah County
- EDA Board chairman responds to town's claims
- Stanley man, woman face charges after pursuit
- A Morning Stroll
- Health department urges caution as variants spread
- Bankruptcy judge ruling allows EDA case to resume