Shenandoah University will hold two in-person commencement ceremonies to celebrate students who graduated virtually in May due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Commencements will be held at noon and 2 p.m. Oct. 18 in the James R. Wilkins Jr. Athletics & Events Center in Winchester. The ceremony will include students who graduated in August and December 2019 and May and August 2020.
The first ceremony will include graduates in the College of Arts and Sciences and the Division of Education and Leadership. The second ceremony will consist of graduates in Shenandoah Conservatory, the School of Business, the School of Health Professions, the Eleanor Wade Custer School of Nursing and the Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy.
Each graduation ceremony will have a maximum capacity of 250 people. Graduates can only bring two guests with them.
All attendees will fill out a symptomology form 48 to 72 hours prior to the ceremony. Temperature checks will be conducted for everyone entering the venue, masks are required, seats will be 10 feet apart, and deep sanitizing of chairs and bathrooms will be completed before and after each ceremony.
The event will also be streamed on Facebook Live and via Zoom. A Zoom link will be posted on su.edu/commencement.
- Occurred Sunday, October 18th, 2020 @ 12:00 pm EDT
- Occurred Sunday, October 18th, 2020 @ 2:00 pm EDT
- Health district sees four more COVID-19 deaths
- Town Council OKs loan for police headquarters
- 'Making Trash Bloom' project receives national grant
- A chilly day dish with a kick
- Council amends personnel manual, passes policies for federal funding
- Shenandoah County seeing success in marketing the region
- New Mural In Strasburg
- Virginia Market Trends: Oct.20