Participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program will continue to receive emergency food assistance benefits during June from the Virginia Department of Social Services. The benefits will be automatically loaded to recipient’s SNAP electronic benefits transfer cards on June 17.
Eligible households include SNAP participants who are not already receiving the maximum allotment as part of their regular monthly benefit. Households do not have to take any action, and will receive their usual June benefits on their normal issuance date.
The status of future emergency benefits beyond the month of June is unknown at this time, pending decisions by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service.
SNAP participants with questions related to their benefits are encouraged to contact their local department of social services or visit CommonHelp at commonhelp.virginia.gov to access account information. Additional assistance is also available by contacting the Enterprise Customer Service Center at 1-855-635-4370.
- Local COVID-19 positivity rate on the rise
- Business leaders still encouraging safety
- Central appeals for drop down to Class 2 amid VHSL's mid-cycle adjustments
- Virus Outbreak: Strong demand for virus testing services
- Strasburg man at large after police chase
- In Brief
- Rivermont's new station nears completion
- Community News: July 13