The AARP TAXAIDE tax service, which provides free federal and state tax returns for free, will start Feb. 4 at the War Memorial building in Jim Barnett Park, 1001 E. Cork St., Winchester.
Days and times are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. You may sign up starting at 8 a.m. on Tuesdays to pick the day of that week you want. AARP membership is not required.
The following items are required to be brought to appointments: picture identification, Social Security cards for all listed on the return, year-end tax papers (W-2's, 1099's, 1098's, etc.) and last year's tax return.
Information will be available after Monday by calling 540-247-6479. No appointments will be made over the phone.
- Starting Tuesday, February 4th, 2020, repeats every week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until Tuesday, April 14, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm EDT
- Open For Business
- Community News: April 6
- Out Of The Past
- Extra funds for thermal shelter requested
- Health experts: Mindfulness can help people focus on what matters
- Whitacre's college baseball career comes to end after season canceled
- Mental Health professionals stress solutions during pandemic