Ruritan of the Year
Orville Smoot was named Ruritan of the Year by the Hamburg Ruritan Club at its June meeting. He was presented with a plaque by National Director Susan Greisz. A member since 1972, Smoot has served as president five times and vice president three times.
The NAMI Family and Friends Support Group, a support group for family, friends and caregivers of adults with various types of mental illness, will meet from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Sunday at 411 N. Cameron St., Winchester.
Information: 540-533-1832 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New Market Library will host its Books and Babies summer reading program at 10 a.m. Monday for ages birth to 3 years. The theme will be about boats.
The Warren County School Board announced the following personnel appointments at its July 11 meeting:
- A.S. Rhodes/Ressie Jeffries Elementary Schools: Amy O’Wade replaces Sarah Moomau as a school counselor.
- E. Wilson Morrison Elementary School: Samantha Cryster replaces Cathy Lieberum as a teacher; Misty Dearing replaces Katelin Moriarty as a dining room assistant; Victoria Yates replaces Erica Fries as a teacher.
- Skyline High School: Holly Beamon replaces Ashley Howells as an instructional assistant; Jeanette Schurtz transfers from Warren County Middle School; Cassandra Gahn replaces Leslie Detweiler as school counselor; Corey Rice transfers from Warren County High School.
- Transportation: Deborah Butler, Cindy Smith and Danielle Tudge have been appointed car drivers/aides; Jacqueline Nesbit has been appointed a bus driver.
- Warren County High School: teachers Melissa Behanna replaces Kelly Tuma, Lauren Paquette replaces Corey Rice and Michael Stokes replaces Steven Crist; Tammie Mirkay replaces Tommi Kern as an instructional assistant.
- Warren County Middle School: Haley Coloso replaces Jeanette Schurtz as a part-time teacher; Allison Rudacille replaces Holly Gardner as an instructional assistant, who accepted a teaching position.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.