Our Health Inc.’s Empowerment Night topic will be “Bullying, The Ugly Truth!” from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the Our Health Campus, 329 N. Cameron St., Suite 200, Winchester.
The event is open to parents, students in middle and high school and community leaders. Teens will do a peer-to-peer discussion. Along with speakers, there will be musical performances, discussion time for parents, door prizes and snacks.
Information: Susan at 540-409-1708 or visit
The Conicville Fire Department will host a breakfast from 5 to 10 a.m. Saturday at the fire hall. A free-will offering will be accepted for dining in; carry-outs are $8.
The Strasburg United Methodist Women will hold a soup and cookie fundraiser and silent auction from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the church. One dozen assorted cookies will be given with each quart of soup sold. Orders: 540-465-5281 or 540-465-8788.
- The Fort Valley Volunteer Fire Department will hold a ham and oyster supper from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday. The cost is $17 for adults and $7 for children 10 and under. Takeouts are available. Dessert donations welcome. Information: www.fortvalleyfiredepartment.com.
- St. Jacob’s Lutheran Church will hold a spaghetti dinner to raise money for medical expenses of a member in the community from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at 15226 Senedo Road, Edinburg. A free-will offering will be received.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following activities and meetings will be held:
- County 4-H Achievement Night will be held at 6:30 p.m. Saturday in the cafeteria at Central High School.
- Lebanon Church 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the community center.
- County 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Sale Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 20 at the Extension office.
- Cabin Hill 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Conicville Fire Hall.
St. John’s Lutheran Church will hold a paint night for youth at 4 p.m. Saturday at 323 Back Mountain Road, Winchester.
Mocha and a Message, a contemporary worship service with coffee and desserts will be held at 6 p.m. An offering will be received to benefit community outreach programs.
Medicaid enrollment assistance will be available from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Mount Jackson Library.
Applicants will get one-on-one help completing applications for Medicaid, free or reduced-price school lunches and other programs. Information: 540-217-0869.
The Shenandoah Valley Quilters Guild will meet at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Sunnyside Retirement Community in Harrisonburg.
Representatives from several Valley Hospice groups will speak about their organizations and the impact the group’s quilted contributions make. There will be show and tell, a raffle and refreshments. Information: email email@example.com.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will host the following children’s programs Saturday:
Anime Club: 11 a.m. for ages 12-up.
World of Legos: 2 p.m. for ages 5 and up.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.