This Weekend: June 1
The following are some of the area events that will be held this weekend:
Belle Grove Plantation, south of Middletown, will host Garden Fest and a dinner on Saturday.
- The Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardener Association’s annual Garden Fest will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. At 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., there will be roundtable sessions on native and sustainable habitat gardens. Free admission and parking.
- Belle Grove Rocks: 6-9 p.m., with dancing, food, beer and wine. Tickets $15 per person.
Information: 540-869-2028 or www.bellegrove.org.
The Gazebo Gatherings Summer Concert Series will be held at 7 p.m. today at the gazebo in Front Royal.
Concerts, which are free, are presented by the Blue Ridge Arts Council in partnership with the County of Warren, Town of Front Royal and Virginia Commission for the Arts.
Barns of Rose Hill
Barns of Rose Hill will feature the following performances this weekend at 95 Chalmers Court, Berryville:
- The Gina Clowes Project: 8 p.m., today.
- BITWC-Imagine That! Readers Theatre: 1 p.m., Saturday featuring “Almost, Maine, Almost Main” by John Carianim featuring nine short plays.
- Joan and Joni: 8 p.m., Saturday, tribute to Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell featuring Allison Shapira and Kipyn Martin.
Information: 540-955-2004 or www.barnsofrosehill.com.
Bright Box Theater will host the following performers this weekend at 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester:
- The Nighthawks: 8 p.m., today.
- The Reflex ultimate 80s tribute band: 9 p.m., Saturday.
- Cash Unchained (music of Johnny Cash): 6 p.m., Sunday.
Information: 540-665-2878, www.brightboxwinchester.com.
The Museum of the Shenandoah Valley will host a pottery show and sale starting at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday at 901 Amherst St., Winchester.
Admission is free. Information: 540-662-1473 or www.themsv.org.
Mike Cannane will lead two tours of the Kernstown Battlefield’s at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday starting at the Visitor’s Center.
Evenings on Main
The Judy Chomps will perform from 7 to 9 p.m. today as part of the Evenings on Main Concert Series at Ruffner Plaza in Luray. In case of rain, the concert will be held at Performing Arts Luray. Admission is free.
The Luray Fire Department will hold its annual truck and tractor pull at 7 p.m. today and 4 p.m. Saturday at the Page Valley Agricultural & Industrial Fairgrounds.
Admission on Friday is $7 for adults, $3 for ages 6-12 and free for children under 6; Saturday is $12 and $5.
Information: Miles at 540-860-8261, Keith at 540-742-9229 or Chad at 540-742-8182.