A water leak in a Front Royal apartment building forced residents from their homes on Saturday.
A fire damaged a Shenandoah County house on Saturday evening.
A Woodstock man suffered severe burns Tuesday when the battery pack for his vape device exploded.
Emergency responders rescued a driver from a burning vehicle that crashed in Woodstock on Tuesday.
Shenandoah County authorities accuse a woman of setting a fire in a New Market coin laundry on Friday.
Employees at a McDonald’s restaurant in Warren County escaped injury when a kitchen fire spread through the building on Thursday.
Seven occupants escaped a house fire in Front Royal on Friday evening.
STRASBURG — Even though incorporated towns were required to provide fire suppression services or fire departments, rescue squads services were not always a requirement.
MOUNT JACKSON — In 2022, when a person has chest pains, numbness in the left arm, the first thought that registers is to call the rescue squad — the paramedics and emergency medical technicians (EMTs) — for immediate help. We wait anxiously for the box-like vehicle to appear, flashing lights…
Several people escaped an apartment fire in Front Royal but lost a pet on Tuesday evening.
The Frederick County Fire and Rescue Department’s Explorer Post 154 is open for registration.
The firefighter accused of setting a building in Woodstock ablaze a week ago remains held without bond at a regional jail.
Investigators on Tuesday started sifting for clues through the remains of a Woodstock building destroyed by fire over the weekend.
The firefighter accused of setting a Woodstock building ablaze on Friday rode along with the fire company to put out the fire, authorities say.
A member of the Woodstock Fire Department has been charged with setting an abandoned building on fire.
The staff at the Greenfield Senior Living of Woodstock is being credited with preventing a Wednesday evening laundry fire from causing more damage than it did.
In an effort to provide safety services directly to the community, the Warren County Sheriff’s Office is hosting an event at the Front Royal Volunteer Fire Department station today.
FRONT ROYAL – It was around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday when Herbert Patterson noticed a fire at his neighbor's home.
A building that once housed the former Fulling Mill in Mount Jackson burned to the ground Monday evening.
The remains of a person were found in a Star Tannery home where a structure fire was reported Thursday morning.
FRONT ROYAL — A Warren County volunteer firefighter who crashed a fire truck into another vehicle in November was found guilty of improper driving — a reduced charge the attorney for a man hospitalized in the crash called “unfair.”
A fire at a log cabin east of Edinburg on Tuesday displaced two adults from their home.
A fire originating in a drink cooler closed down the Holtzman Express convenience store and adjoining McDonald’s restaurant Monday.
Throughout the country, the number of volunteer firefighters is on the decline.
Even as Shenandoah County hires more career firefighters, volunteers will always be needed, fire and rescue department officials say.
Two adults were displaced by a basement fire at a one-story ranch-style home in Strasburg on Monday afternoon.
FRONT ROYAL — One person was injured from a fire at Keen’s Towing on Wednesday.
Two fires in the southern end of Shenandoah County on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons displaced the residents who lived there and took the lives of several family pets.
The national social media contest in which K9 Merle Haggard of the Fort Valley Volunteer Fire Department won second place was conducted by Kidde to raise awareness about pet fire safety.
A four-legged furry friend named after a country-music singer is a social media sensation that also helps out with search and rescue operations.
FRONT ROYAL — No one was injured in a fire contained to a single unit in an apartment building on Cherrydale Avenue on Tuesday afternoon.
STRASBURG – A local woman is facing several fire- and obstruction-related charges following a fire at her residence on Sunday.
EDINBURG - An iconic Shenandoah County barn in Edinburg burned to the ground Friday after becoming fully engulfed in flames.
FRONT ROYAL — They’re known as the Batman and Batgirl of Front Royal because they often dress up as those comic book characters to help out at the library or participate in parades.
Thanks to smoke alarms, a Sunday morning fire on the front porch of a firefighter’s home was extinguished before much damage could be done to the house, according to the Warren County Fire and Rescue Department.
Warren County first responders urge citizens to practice safety over the July Fourth weekend.
FRONT ROYAL — They’re another tool in the toolbox for the Warren County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.
A Warren County man was charged Sunday with attempting to set his own house on fire.
LINDEN — He had wanted to be a cop.
FRONT ROYAL — A man who attempted to light a woman on fire with alcohol while she was lying in bed was indicted by a Warren County Circuit Court grand jury last week.
FRONT ROYAL — A fire early Thursday morning heavily damaged a house undergoing renovations.
The Burger King near the Interstate 81 interchange in Strasburg will be closed for several months after a grease fire early Friday morning.
A fire forced several people to flee a Warren County home on Friday morning.
STRASBURG — Bill Watson at one point was taking care of about 70 stray cats. People from the neighborhood, he said, would bring them to him, and he would help get them spayed and neutered.
A Conicville fire engine overturned onto its side as it was responding to one of several fires in Shenandoah County over a windy weekend.
A training trailer for the Warren County Fire Department was deemed a total loss after a fire Tuesday afternoon.
For some reason, there was smoke in the kitchen Tuesday morning. Mike Schmiedicke and his wife were up, and thought maybe the toaster was shorting.
Wayne Bock got the call Saturday that his shop, Bock's Garage, was on fire. There was little he could do about it but watch.
Warren County opened its new, $5.6 million fire and rescue station today.
The community came out to offer support to a Shenandoah County family who lost their home and pets in a fire on Thanksgiving.
A deal struck this week between Warren County and the Chester Gap Volunteer Fire Department keeps the station staffed.