The Holiday Inn at 111 Hospitality Road in Front Royal had a small fire in a storage room on Monday night.

Chief Richard Mabie, of the Warren County Department of Fire and Rescue Services, said that fire personnel responded to a call at 11:16 p.m. Monday at the Holiday Inn. An electrical malfunction in a fluorescent light caused a mattress and linens in a fourth-floor storage unit to catch fire, Mabie said.

“When our first units got there, they encountered moderate smoke conditions on the fourth floor, so they called for the rest of the assignments to that commercial structure,” Mabie said.

He noted that the hotel’s sprinkler system extinguished the fire and that all of the damage was limited to the storage unit. No one was injured at the scene.