The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office has charged a Middletown woman with malicious wounding.

Early Sunday, deputies charged Carrie O’Connor, 29, after she allegedly stabbed a 41-year-old man with whom she had been in a relationship with, said Sheriff Lenny Millholland.

Court records show the couple had been in a relationship for seven months.

Millholland said they had been out to a restaurant earlier in the night and when they arrived back at the residence on the 8000 block of Main Street in Middletown they argued about their relationship.

The boyfriend stated in a criminal complaint that they had been drinking at the home since 9:30 p.m.

O’Connor is alleged to have stabbed her boyfriend in the left forearm, cutting him, before running out the back door of the residence. The man walked out of the home and called 911.

Good sustained an approximately 1 1/2-inch puncture wound on his left elbow and forearm, according to the complaint. He was treated by Frederick County Fire and Rescue at the scene and refused any further treatment.

A knife was recovered, Millholland said.

O’Connor was found in Winchester on Loudon Street at a home of an acquaintance, Millholland said.

He did not know how she got to Winchester.

O’Connor was taken into custody by Winchester police, who met up with Frederick County deputies who then charged her with the stabbing, Millholland said.

He added that they interviewed both O’Connor and Good.

“No one is denying her involvement,” Millholland said when asked if O’Connor had made any admissions to the incident.

She was initially held at the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center without bond. She was released on a $5,000 bond after a court appearance on Monday, jail staff said.

She is scheduled to go on trial in Frederick/Winchester Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court at 11 a.m.  Dec. 10, according to court records.

O’Connor’s criminal record includes assault and battery, resisting arrest and destruction of property convictions, according to public court records.

Millholland said he was not aware of prior calls to the home.

Winchester Star reporter Evan Goodenow contributed to this story.