The following area Christmas activities are planned:
• The Light Up Woodstock Christmas parade, scheduled for Dec. 4, has been canceled, however, the lighting of the Christmas tree will be streamed on Facebook at 6:30 p.m. Dec. 4. The link is https://tinyurl.com/y5nhjlw3.
• The town is hosting a decorating contest for businesses and homes from Dec. 15-21. To participate and to cast a vote for winners, go to https://tinyurl.com/y5nhjlw3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• New Market will hold a ‘Tis the Season Reverse Parade from 5-7 p.m. Dec. 5 at the town park. Instead of the parade rolling through downtown, all parade displays will be parked at the town park and spectators will be able to drive through the park to see the displays.
• Businesses will hold open houses and artisan vendors will be at the Open Market on Dec. 5. The new Merry and Bright lights and decorations of homes and businesses will be on display.
• In lieu of the town’s Tis the Season festivities, which normally includes a Mistletoe Market, Hot Cocoa Connections, carolers, Christmas parade and lighting of the Christmas tree, the town will kick off a Strasburg Home Decorating contest, where visitors can view festive homes from Dec. 15-31. Maps will be available digitally and at the Visitor Center. Applications to participate in the decorating contest can be found at https://tinyurl.com/y4m8lvld.
• The Strasburg Business Alliance, in partnership with the Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce, will host a Frosty Frenzy, encouraging local businesses to incorporate a snowman in their window display.
• The Front Royal-Warren County Chamber of Commerce will hold a Christmas parade starting at 4 p.m. Dec. 5. Because of COVID-19, the parade route has been changed to prevent crowding in the Village Commons (Gazebo) area. The parade line-up begins at 3 p.m. on Stonewall Drive, then turns onto Commerce Avenue, then to 8th Street and disbanding at Bing Crosby Stadium. Information about the parade can be found at https://tinyurl.com/y2vcowor.
• Toms Brook will not hold a parade this year.
• The Edinburg Christmas parade, scheduled for Dec. 3, has been canceled.
• Christmas on the Farm at the Virginia Museum of the Civil War in New Market, scheduled for Dec. 5, has been.
• The Middletown Christmas parade, scheduled for Dec. 6, has been canceled.