FRONT ROYAL – A local man who allegedly hit another male in the head with a blunt object multiple times was among several indictments handed up by a grand jury in Warren County Circuit Court last week.
Lewis Darnyl Porter, 37, of 47 Royal Lane Ave., Apt. 6, was indicted on April 12 on a malicious wounding charge. He remains in custody at Rappahannock-Shenandoah-Warren Regional Jail without bond and is due in Warren County Circuit Court on May 10.
According to Front Royal police, Porter was located in Middletown and arrested by Middletown police on Feb. 5 after an incident that occurred on Jan. 31.
Front Royal police had received a complaint about an assault in the 400 block of Viscose Avenue the day of the incident and were told a male had sustained potentially life-threatening injuries during an altercation, a news release on Porter’s arrest states.
Porter and the victim had a verbal altercation that became physical, the criminal complaint against Porter states. Porter pulled a weapon from his jacket and struck the victim twice in the head, causing him to fall to the ground, the complaint states.
The male victim was taken to Warren Memorial Hospital, according to the release, and then was transferred to Winchester Medical Center where he had surgery.
• Corey Wayne North, 44, of 142 Riley Court, was charged with neglect of a child under the age of 18.
According to the criminal complaint, North had slapped, punched and grabbed a family member by the hair and slammed their head into both the passenger and driver side of a vehicle in the early morning hours of Feb. 28. The abuse allegedly happened several times between 1:30 and 5:30 a.m., the complaint states.
• Fernando Vargas, 31, of 443 Northfield Court, was charged with theft of a work vehicle valued at $1,000 or more.
According to the criminal complaint, Vargas took a bucket truck belonging to a tree company without permission or knowledge of the company on Oct. 25.
Vargas drove with the bucket extended onto Dismal Hollow Road, the complaint states. The arm of the truck connecting it to the bucket caught electrical wires and tore them down along with about four telephone poles, costing an estimated $20,000 in damage, the complaint states. Vargas left the scene after it happened and was later identified by the tree company, the complaint states.
• Miguel Bravo Martinez, 57, of 1065 Rivermont Drive, was charged with kidnapping.
Martinez allegedly got into a physical altercation with a female, putting her into a chokehold and pressing his forearm against her neck in what he claimed was self-defense, according to the criminal complaint.
• Cameron Lee Funk, 23, of 761 Foley Drive, was charged with failure to report an accident resulting in property damage valued at $1,000 or more.
• Thomas Alexander Scott, 24, of 836 W. 13th St., was charged with possession of methamphetamine.
• Mark Scott Hahn, Jr., 25, of 127 Branch Court, Stephens City, was charged with assault and battery against a law enforcement officer, driving under the influence with three prior offenses within a 10-year period and operating a motor vehicle with a restricted license due to a prior driving while intoxicated conviction.
• Eric Levi Jenkins, 33, of 6766 U.S. Highway 340 N., Rileyville, was charged with two counts of possession of methamphetamine.
• Charles Daniel Hackley, Jr., 40, of 1252 Ox Road, Woodstock, was charged with possession of methamphetamine.
• Ryan Devane Donovan, 35, of 3960 Guard Hill Road, was charged with two counts of possession of methamphetamine.
• James Patrick Leonard, Jr., 60, of 318 Loop Road, was charged with possession of amphetamine and possession of methamphetamine.
• Paula Jean Burton, 52, of 318 Loop Road, was charged with distribution of methamphetamine with at least two prior offenses.
• Dontreal Trevaun Arrington, 25, of 19 E. Prospect St., was charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, and possession of a firearm while possessing cocaine.
• Robert James Etter Jr., 36, of 3559 Harmony Hollow Road, was charged with possession of methamphetamine and possession of suboxone.