• The Town of Front Royal has closed its offices to the public. Permit applications through the Department of Planning and Zoning will be accepted only through U.S. mail at Town of Front Royal, Department of Planning and Zoning, 102 E. Main St., Front Royal, Virginia 22630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Approvals will be returned by mail or email accordingly.
The Department of Finance drive-through lanes will remain open during normal business hours. The right lane will be used for payments only and the left lane will be used for additional transactions, such as change of utility service requests. During this state of emergency, the town will not disconnect utility service due to nonpayment nor will the town assess late fees or penalties.
The finance department may be reached at 540-635-7799. To avoid long delays the town \encourages citizens to use an alternative method of payment including www.frontroyalva.com/373/Online-Payments (utilities and tax payments); by telephone at 540-635-7799; by mail to P.O. Box 1560, Front Royal, Virginia 22630; or the dropbox is located on the outside of the building just before the drive-thru window.
• Arlington National Cemetery has closed its Welcome Center to the public. Funerals and family pass holder visitations continue to be held daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Information: www.ArlingtonCemetery.mil.
• The Faith in Action Tablescapes fundraiser scheduled for Sunday at the Millwood Event Center has been postponed.
• Lord Fairfax Community College Workforce Solutions has canceled its Disney Institute professional development course scheduled for Thursday in Middletown. Information: 540-868-7021, email@example.com or visit www.lfccworkforce.com/disney-institute.
• The indoor flea market scheduled for Saturday at the Front Royal Church of the Brethren has been canceled. Information: 540-671-5236.
• Shenandoah Valley Runners has canceled its Valor 5K race scheduled for Saturday at Winchester Regional Airport. Information: www.svrunners.org.
• The concert featuring Mountain Anthems at Salem Church of the Brethren in Stephens City on Sunday has been canceled.
• The Shenandoah County Library in Edinburg has canceled its Daughters of the Stars Women's History Month program scheduled for Tuesday.
• Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane has canceled all activities being held in April. Information: 540-592-3556 or www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks.
• The legislative breakfast sponsored by the Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce scheduled for April 8 at Rutz's Catering in Edinburg has been canceled.
• The Preservation for Historic Winchester office is open to the public by appointment only. The Limestone book launch party scheduled for April 3 and 4 has been canceled. The office is located at 530 Amherst St., Winchester. Information: 540-667-3577.
• The New Market Area Library has canceled its adult program on April 11 featuring author Marc Leepson, who was to talk about his book “Saving Monticello.”
• The Virginia Association of Retired Educators has canceled its meetings for April 14 and May 12 in Harrisonburg.
• The Schultz Theatre Off Broadway Players has canceled its performances in April of “Same Time, Next Year” and in May of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” The next performance will be “Christmas Belles” in July. Information: 540-896-9600 or http://offbroadwayplayersva.org.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms