The Town of Strasburg will celebrate Earth Day from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday at the Visitor Center, 33229 Old Valley Pike.
Volunteers may help with trail upkeep, planting flowers, help with gift shop inventory, painting and purging. Lunch provided. Information: Olivia Hilton at 540-465-9197.
April 30 is the deadline for artists to apply to participate in this year’s Artfest on June 19 in Woodstock. Information: https://tinyurl.com/w9sxwyks.
Northwestern Prevention Collaborative and the Prevention Department at Northwestern Community Services Board will offer a free virtual training on Adverse Childhood Experiences from 9 a.m.-noon Thursday and April 28.
Winners have been announced in the Shenandoah County 4-H contests held March 20 at the county government center. They are:
• Public speaking: Lindsey Rigby, blue ribbon, senior contest, member of the Livestock Club, Goat Club and Exchange Club.
• Extemporaneous speaking: Lindsey Rigby, senior, blue ribbon; Lizzi Zirkle, intermediate, blue ribbon, member of the Livestock Club; Chad Biby, senior, red ribbon, New Market 4-H Club.
• Radio Spot Contest: James Zirkle, senior, blue ribbon, member of the New Market 4-H Club.
• Science Fair: Abagail Newton, intermediate, blue ribbon, member of the New Market 4-H Club.
• STEM presentation: Lizzi Zirkle, intermediate, blue ribbon.
• Table-setting contest: blue ribbons went to seniors Lindsey Rigby, who also received the People’s Choice Award; and Maggie Eaton, member of the New Market 4-H Club. A red ribbon was awarded to Hannah Biby, intermediate, member of the New Market 4-H Club.
They have all qualified for the district competition and the seniors qualify for the state competition in June.
Nicholas Schwentker, of Middletown, was named to the dean's list at Gettysburg College for the fall semester.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms