The Shenandoah County Library System has expanded hours at the following locations:
• Edinburg: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., weekdays with extended hours until 8 p.m. on Thursdays; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays. Information: 540-984-8200.
• Basye-Orkney Springs: 10 a.m.-noon, Mondays and Wednesdays; noon-2 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays; 4-6 p.m., Fridays; 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturdays. Information: 540-856-8084.
• Fort Valley: 1-4 p.m., Mondays; 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays; 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Fridays. Information: 540-933-6714.
• Mount Jackson: 6-8 p.m., Mondays; 1:30-5:30 p.m., Wednesdays; 5-8 p.m., Thursdays; 3:30-5:30 p.m., Fridays. Information: 540-477-3327.
• New Market: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mondays; noon-5 p.m., Tuesdays and Fridays; 6-8 p.m., Thursdays. Information: 540-740-8650.
• Strasburg: 1-4 p.m., Mondays and Tuesdays; 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Wednesdays; 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Thursdays and Fridays; 9:30-11:30 a.m., Saturdays. Information: 540-465-8464.
Computers are available by appointment at Edinburg, Fort Valley, Mount Jackson and Strasburg.
The United Way of Front Royal-Warren County has awarded a $6,500 grant to House of Hope, a 24-hour homeless shelter for men in Front Royal.
According to Executive Director Randyl Brown, nine of the 14 available spots were filled and out of the 18 men served this year, 13 were able to find work. The House received more meat donations this year, interior projects have been completed and the organization’s social media presence has increased, allowing more people to become aware of the work being done.
There are two key areas of need: a new cooking stove, however, wiring needs to be updated; and a new location is being sought.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms