The Strasburg Christian Church will host quarter bingo from 6-9 p.m. Saturday. Food will be available starting at 5 p.m. The tithe this month is for the Fall Festival fund. Those who make a donation of breakfast, granola or power bars will receive an extra door prize ticket.
Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal will show the film “Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me” from 5-7 p.m. Aug. 21 at Handley Library in Winchester.
The film follows Campbell and his family as they navigate his journey with Alzheimer’s disease during his farewell tour. The film will be followed by a question and answer session with memory care experts.
Admission is free, but seating is limited. Registration: 540-227-8956.
Friends of the Handley Regional Library will sponsor a bus trip to the National Book Festival on Aug. 31 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
Seat reservations: Barbara Dickinson at 540-662-9041, ext. 31 or email email@example.com.
Handley Library in Winchester will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 2 p.m., Rhythmaya Dance Troupe performing South Asian dance traditions, for all ages; 4 p.m., MakerSpace Mondays for ages 6-11.
• Wednesday: 2 p.m., Aliens Science Show with science experiments used for special effects, for all ages; 4 p.m., Build with a Sheriff for ages to 11; 8:30 p.m., teen outdoor family movie featuring “Beetlejuice” for ages 12 and up.
• Aug. 10: 2 p.m., Paws for Reading with certified therapy dogs for beginning readers.
Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 10:30 a.m., storytelling, for all ages.
• Tuesday: 7-9 p.m., night of trivia for adults at Barns of Rose Hill sponsored by the County Historical Association, topics on history, movies, literature, science and more. Information: 540-955-5190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wednesday: 6 p.m., family game night.
• Aug. 8: 3:45 p.m., Lego Club for ages to 11.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 6 p.m., Teen Sketch & Draw for ages 12 and up.
• Tuesday: 11 a.m., Rhythmaya Dance Troupe performing South Asian dance traditions, for all ages.
• Aug. 10: 10 a.m., Chess Club for all ages and skill levels; 11 a.m., summer reading finale for all ages; 1 p.m., Reading to Some Bunny for all ages.
Samuels Library in Front Royal will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 2 p.m., Movie Monday featuring “Teen Titans Go! to the Movies” for ages 5 and up, registration requested.
• Tuesday: 3:30 p.m., Science Scouts for ages 6-11, build a sundial, registration required.
• Wednesday: 2 p.m., children’s garden program “Fairy Frolic” for ages 6 and up, make a special fairy home followed by lemonade, cookies and stories with Ms. Michal, registration required.
• Aug. 9: 2 p.m., magic and illusion with Magician John Kingry as the final children’s summer reading program.
• Aug. 10: 11 a.m., Game On! for ages 12-18, sample games from the new video game collection, registration required.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
• Samuel Ranney, of Winchester, has been initiated into the honor society of Phi Kappa Phi at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The following students earned degrees from Fort Hays State University:
• Golda Lee Albert, of Toms Brook, bachelor’s in general studies.
• Jannette M. Moore, of Timberville, bachelor’s in psychology.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms