The Winchester chapter of Trout Unlimited will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Winchester Red Cross office, 561 Fortess Drive. The group will gather for dinner at 5:30 p.m. at Donato’s Touch of Italy restaurant. Information: Bill Prokopchak at 540-722-2620 or www.winchestertu.org.
A charity sale to benefit Family Promise of Shenandoah County will be held from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday at Belk in the Apple Blossom Mall in Winchester. Tickets, which are $5, are available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Family Center, 781 Spring Parkway, Woodstock.
A reunion of students who attended the old Forrestville School will be held at noon Saturday at the Ruritan Community Center in Forestville. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish for lunch. Door prizes given.
The Gravel Springs Lutheran Church Relay for Life Team will hold a lasagna/spaghetti dinner from 4-7 p.m. Saturday at the Star Tannery Volunteer Fire Department. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 12.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following activities for adults:
• Saturday: 2 p.m., Mother’s Day tea and craft workshop. Registration required.
• May 11: 2:30 p.m., lecture by Larry Broadwell, Potomac Appalachian Trail Club’s Guidebook Project Leader, who will talk about routes to hike tracing Civil War events.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following programs for children:
• Books and Barks: 10 a.m., Saturday for beginning readers to relax with a trained therapy dog.
• Science Scouts: 4:30 p.m., May 7 for ages 6-11, program on exploring cardboard machines.
• Future Einsteins: 4 p.m., May 8 for ages 6-11.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms