A card shower is planned for Donald and Alma Fadely, who will celebrate their 62nd wedding anniversary on Wednesday. Cards can be sent to 493 Dodson Road, Mount Jackson, Virginia 22842.
The following locations will be closed in observance of the New Year’s holiday:
• The New Market Area Library will be closed Sunday through Tuesday.
• The Frederick County Regional Landfill will close at noon Monday and reopen Thursday. Citizen convenience sites will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
• All branches of the Handley Regional Library System (Handley in Winchester, Bowman in Stephens City and Clarke County in Berryville) will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
• Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Information: 540-635-3153.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will offer the following programs for adults in January:
• General Education Development (GED): 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• English as a Second Language: 10 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• Genealogy Nuts-Shake Your Family Tree: 6 p.m., Jan. 3 and 17.
• Exploring Computers: 2 p.m., Thursdays, focusing on Microsoft Word.
• Genealogy workshop: 6 p.m., Jan. 8.
• What the Tech: 2-3:30 p.m., Tuesdays starting Jan. 8, bring phones, tablets, e-Readers, etc.
• Crochet Group: 10 a.m., Jan. 9 and 23.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will offer the following programs for children:
• Magic show: 11 a.m., Wednesday, featuring the Amazing Mr. B.
• Sphero Experience: 2 p.m., Wednesday, winter-themed obstacle course using Sphero robots and iPads.
• Frosty the Snowman and the Magic of Reading winter reading club: starts Thursday.
• Create a mason jar snow globe (ages 7-up): 1 p.m., Jan. 4.
• Books and Barks: 10 a.m., Jan. 5, for beginner readers to read with a trained therapy dog.
• Studio 330 (artists ages 9-18): 11 a.m., Jan. 5, led by Michael Whited. Learn basic shapes in drawing and painting.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms