Two private pesticide recertification workshops sponsored by the Virginia Cooperative Extension will be held:
• Monday: 1 p.m., at Alson H. Smith Jr. AREC in Winchester.
• Tuesday: 6 p.m., at the Clarke County Extension office in Berryville.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following meetings will be held:
• Lebanon Church 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the community center.
• 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Sale Executive Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Extension office.
• Cabin Hill 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Conicville Fire Hall.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following programs for adults:
• Books and Beyond Book Club: 10 a.m., Wednesday. The book "Tracks" by Robyn Davidson will be discussed.
• Vibes in the Libes: 11 a.m., Friday featuring music by John Kovac and Friends.
The Strasburg Adult Active Fellowship will meet at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Strasburg United Methodist Church. A covered-dish luncheon will be followed by a holiday program. Information: Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation at 540-459-6777.
SPCA of Winchester, Frederick and Clarke will hold a quilt raffle featuring a handmade large blue quilt, valued at $1,000, and a handmade small pink quilt, valued at $500.
Only 250 tickets will be sold. Tickets are $10 each. The drawing will be held Jan. 2.
Tickets are available at the SPCA Adoption Center, 111 Featherbed Lane, Winchester. Information: 540-662-8616 or email email@example.com.
Send in your events at http://www.nvdaily.com/submit-news.