The New Market Community Center will hold open gym basketball from 2-5 p.m. Saturday at 9184 John Sevier Road for ages 13 to 18. The cost is $3 per player.
The New Market Library, in collaboration with Jon Henry General Store, will host Art Talk at 5:30 p.m. Sunday. The guest speaker will be artist Katherine Burling, of Harrisonburg.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following activities:
• Toms Brook 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 6 p.m. Sunday at the United Methodist Church.
• Steer entry forms for the 4-H/FFA livestock show and sale are due Monday at the Extension office. Late entries, with an additional fee, will be accepted until March 2.
• New Market 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at Reformation Lutheran Church.
• Seven Bends 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at the Strasburg Moose Family Center.
• St. Luke-Saumsville 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Saumsville Christian Church.
• The 4-H Livestock Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Wakemans Grove Church of the Brethren.
The NAMI Family and Friends Support Group, for family, friends and caregivers of adults with various types of mental illness, will meet from 2:30-4 p.m. Sunday at 411 N. Cameron St., Winchester. Information: 540-533-1832 or email email@example.com.
Handley Regional Library will host Tiny Tales story time at 11 a.m. Wednesday for ages 2-5 at Spring Arbor of Winchester, 2903 Northwestern Turnpike. Information: 540-662-9041.
Winchester Trout Unlimited will host its monthly BarFly event at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Escutcheon Brewing, 142 W. Commercial St., Winchester.
No fly-tying or fly-fishing experience necessary. Those attending are encouraged to bring their fly-tying vise. Information: Bill at 540-722-2620.
Belle Grove Plantation, south of Middletown, will hold a Valentine’s Day dessert party for prospective volunteers from 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday. Information: 540-869-2028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions for the Apple Blossom Festival’s talent competition will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Bright Box Theater, 15 N. Loudoun St., Winchester.
Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities for children on Thursday:
• Preschool story time (ages 3 and up): 10:30 a.m.
• Story Art (ages 4-9): 3:45 p.m.
Registration to participate in the Northern Shenandoah Valley Quilt Show is open through Feb. 22. The show will be held April 12-14 at the Clarke County Parks and Recreation Center in Berryville. Information: visit www.NSVquiltshow.com.
Spay Today, our area’s nonprofit reduced-priced spay and neuter program, offers shots and tests at lower rates in addition to reduced-priced spay and neuter programs with many veterinarians over a wide area. Information: 304-728-8330 or www.baacs.org.
Max Bieryla, of Front Royal, was named to the dean’s list at the University of Hartford for the fall term.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms