• A card shower is planned for Glenn Lichliter, who will celebrate his 101st birthday Monday. Cards can be sent to 445 Massanutten St., Strasburg, Virginia 22657.
• A card shower is planned for Charlotte Poland, who will celebrate her 97th birthday Friday. Cards can be sent to 11477 S. Middle Road, Edinburg, Virginia 22824.
• A card shower is planned for Ray Polk, who will celebrate his 80th birthday Friday. Cards can be sent to 2308 Junction Road, Strasburg, Virginia 22657.
The Lunch Bunch will meet at noon Monday at the Strasburg United Methodist Church. Reservations can be made by calling 540-465-3418.
The Type 1 Diabetes Support Group will meet at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday at the old hospital’s Chronic Disease Resource Center, 333 W. Cork St., Suite 100, Winchester.
The Shenandoah County Extension Leadership Council will hold an orientation for new members at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Extension office in Woodstock. The regular council meeting will follow at 7 p.m.
Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities for children:
• Thursday: 10:30 a.m., preschool story time for ages 3 and up; 3:45 p.m., Story Art for ages 4-9.
• March 2: 2 p.m., Paws for Reading with certified therapy dogs.
St. Luke Brethren Church will hold a movie night at 6:30 p.m. Thursday showing the film “God’s Not Dead” (Part 1) at 3250 Back Road, Woodstock. Information: 540-459-2309.
The Mount Jackson-Forestville Adult Active Fellowship will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday at Solomon Lutheran Church in Quicksburg. A covered dish luncheon will be followed by a show and tell program. Information: Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation at 540-459-6777.
Friday is the deadline to register to attend a pesticide applicator license class sponsored by the Shenandoah County Cooperative Extension from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 25 at the Mount Jackson Fire Hall. The cost is $35, which must be paid in advance.
Information, registration: 540-459-6140 or email Teresa Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 22 is the deadline for not-for-profit organizations to submit applications for the Rotary Club of Front Royal’s community service grant. The grant is a contribution of up to $8,500.
Applications may be downloaded by visiting www.frontroyalrotary.org and clicking on the 2019 Annual Grant tab; by picking up a copy at Royal Cinemas at 117 E. Main St., Front Royal; by writing to the Rotary Club at P.O. Box 85, Front Royal, Virginia 22630; or by sending a request by e-mail to email@example.com.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms