A card shower is planned for Irene V. Downey, who will celebrate her 90th birthday Friday. Cards may be sent to 1893 Douglas Drive, Carlisle, Pennsylvania 17013.
Strasburg Christian Church will host quarter bingo from 6-9 p.m. today. A breakfast bar will be available at 5 p.m. Proceeds benefit Response.
Sustainability Matters will host a Green Gossip community discussion group meeting at noon Wednesday at the Fort Valley Nursery Garden Café in Woodstock. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shenandoah County Extension office has announced the following meetings:
• The 4-H Goat Club will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at American Legion Post 199 in Woodstock.
• The 4-H Exchange Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities for children on Thursday:
• Preschool story time (ages 3-up): 10:30 a.m.
• Story Art (ages 4-9): 3:45 p.m., hands-on project.
The Winchester chapter of Trout Unlimited will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Red Cross office, 561 Fortress Drive. The guest speaker will be James Montgomery, who will discuss fishing the Kamchatka Peninsula in the Russian Far East.
The group will gather for dinner at 5:30 p.m. at Donato’s Touch of Italy Restaurant. Information: Bill Prokopchak at 540-722-2620 or www.winchestertu.org.
Valley Educational Center for the Creative Arts will host the gallery opening “Barns & Farms” from 5-7 p.m. Thursday at 7 East Gallery, 123 S. Main St., Woodstock.
Meet local artists, enjoy refreshments and learn more about Shenandoah County Historical Society's Barn Project with Project Director John Adamson.
The Beekeepers of the Northern Shenandoah will offer eight-week classes in beginning beekeeping. Classes will be offered at the following locations and times:
• Blandy Research Farm: 7-9 p.m., Mondays starting Feb. 11.
• Marshall Community Center: 7-9 p.m., starting Feb. 12.
• Virginia Tech Research Farm in Winchester: 7-9 p.m., starting Feb. 14.
• Shenandoah University: 10 a.m.-noon, starting Feb. 16.
Classes will include two field trips, building hives and handling bees. The cost is $120 per family. Registration is required by emailing John Lewis at email@example.com.
Sing Shenandoah, a ladies barbershop chorus, is offering singing Valentines on Feb. 14. For $35, a group of singers will sing two songs and present a small gift to the recipient.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms