The New Market Area Library will hold preschool story time at 10 a.m. Friday for ages 3 through 6.
Clarke County Parks and Recreation will hold a teen open mic/talent night from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday at Chet Hobert Park in Berryville for ages 13-19. Registration required by calling 540-955-5140.
The Strasburg Community Library will hold a book sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday. All books will be $2 or less. Information: 540-465-8464.
The Edinburg VFW will have a special lunch and dinner Thursday and Friday for Valentine’s Day.
Thursday: lunch will feature fried chicken for $6; 5-8 p.m., pound of shrimp for $10.
Friday: 5-8 p.m., ribeye, shrimp scampi or pound of shrimp, $16.
The Warren County School Board announced the following personnel changes at its Feb. 6 meeting:
• Blue Ridge Technical Center: Elizabeth Bucklen and Elizabeth Comstock were appointed FFA advisers.
• Leslie Fox Keyser Elementary School: Bernadette West replaces Amanda Mathura as a teacher.
• Maintenance: Greg Livesay was appointed director of facilities.
• Ressie Jeffries Elementary School: Misty Dearing was appointed a dining room aide.
• Skyline High School: James Paul Ewing was appointed junior varsity girls soccer coach; Vincent Scriva was appointed junior varsity boys soccer coach; Abigail Wilson was appointed assistant girls soccer coach.
• Skyline Middle School: Kristen Merick, Jaclyn Balancia, Melanie Catron, Nathan Blunk, Morgan Briggs, Megan Moore, John Traubert, Nicole Clem, Jessica Beeler, Sydney Millbrant, Darcy Cupp, Melissa Bernal, Robin Jensen, Shannon Van Joy, Ashley Woods, Grace Croson, Lisa Seal, Megan Windham and Tracey Kenney were appointed team leaders; Dylan O’Connell replaces Sara Beylor as an instructional assistant; Wendy Carter was appointed to the cafeteria;
• Transportation: Janice Shenk replaces Tammy Brown as a bus driver; Anthony Sivinski replaces Teresa Walther as a bus driver; Sherrie Fox and Brandi Lewis Fleming were appointed car drivers/aides; Matthew Hoffman replaces Beate May as a bus driver.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms