The meeting location for the 7-Bends 4-H Shooting Education Club meeting scheduled for today has been changed from Round Hill Church of the Brethren to the Strasburg Moose Family Center.
The Justifiable Use of Force class that was scheduled for this past Saturday has been rescheduled to 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Warren County Community Center.
The Schultz Theatre and School of Performing Arts has rescheduled auditions for its play “Same Time Next Year.” Auditions will be held from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Sunday and Jan. 21 at the J. Frank Hillyard Auditorium, 226 Hawks Hill Drive, Broadway.
Information: 540-405-2481 or visit www.schultztheatre.com.
Handley Library in Winchester has scheduled the following programs:
Today: 3 p.m., MakerSpace STEAM program (ages 3-up).
Tuesday: 4:30 p.m., Story Flix Club (ages 6-11), read the book and then watch the movie “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.”
Wednesday: 4:30 p.m., Valley Chess Club; 6 p.m., Bull and Bear Club (adults.)
Thursday: 6-8 p.m., Drawesome (ages 12-up); 6 p.m., Graphic Novel Club (ages 12-up).
Friday: 4 p.m., Lego Club; 7-9 p.m., Harry Potter Ball (ages 12-18), music, movies, themed food and drink, interactive stations, photo booth, prizes.
Saturday: 10:30 a.m., family story time; 11 a.m., Lego Club.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following activities:
Today: 5 p.m., Lego Club (elementary- and middle-school); 6 p.m., Teen Advisory Board (ages 12-18).
Tuesday: 5 p.m., Storybook Art (ages 6-11).
Wednesday: 6 p.m., Nature Surprises for Kids (ages 6-12), hands-on classes presented by Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardener’s Association, registration required.
Thursday: 3:30 p.m., eBook workshop (adults), registration required; 5 p.m., Xbox open game play (ages 8-up).
Friday: 11 a.m., Build Together; 5:30-8 p.m., teen game night (ages 12-18).
Saturday: 11 a.m., Penguin Appreciation Day, stories, songs, indoor sock skating; 1 p.m., Paws for Reading with certified therapy dogs.
The New Market Area Library will host preschool story time from 10 to 11 a.m. Friday for ages 3-6. Information: 540-740-8650.
Kathleen Fedzer, a freshman at Bucknell University, has been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester.
Bridgette Murphy, of Front Royal, has been named to the dean’s list at Shenandoah University for the fall semester.
Allison Darling, of Winchester, earned a master’s degree in biological sciences on Dec. 20 from Clemson University.
Sara Fergus, of Winchester, has been named to the dean’s list at the University of Vermont for the fall semester. She is a senior majoring in mathematics.
Lauren Derflinger, of Mount Jackson, has been named to the president’s list for the fall semester at The State University of New York. She is a music performance major.
The following students attending Grove City College have been named to the dean’s list for the fall semester:
• Tad Moseley, a senior neuroscience major, is the son of Mark and Sheri Moseley, of Winchester.
• Philip Applegate, a freshman computer science major, is the son of Doug and Vaska Applegate, of Winchester.
• Emma Vanderlinden, a senior chemistry and science education major, is the daughter of Michael and Lorri Vanderlinden, of Berryville.
• Greta Gonyer, a freshman psychology major, is a 2017 graduate of Broadway High School and the daughter of Kenneth and Karen Gonyer, of Broadway.
The following students earned degrees during graduation ceremonies in December at James Madison University:
• Berryville: Ryan Pearson, management.
• Broadway: Nicole West, individualized study; Sarah Balas, social work; Bryce Morris, computer science; John MacDonald, business administration information securities.
• Clear Brook: Janelle Georgiana, nursing; Carder Smith, kinesiology.
• Cross Junction: Thomas Papastavrou, health services administration.
• Edinburg: Brittni Redman, social work; Sydney Plub, nursing; Brooke Thompson, nursing; Jacob Allwine, sport and recreation management.
• Front Royal: Jacob Whited, individualized study.
• Mount Jackson: Curt Hoover, special education.
• New Market: Brooke Simpson, kinesiology; Shana Smith, individualized study.
• Stephens City: Abby Swartz, geographic science; Jenna Owens, English; Christian Farris, health services administration; Lisa Scott, individualized study; Bradley Deck, occupational therapy; Hunter Manspile, education; Hali Padot, health services administration; Austin Sullivan, communication studies; Marisa Craig, health sciences.
• Winchester: Andrew Graber, communication studies; Nicholas Graber, English; Wendy Nokes, interdisciplinary liberal studies; Chris Slater, accounting; Douglas Hines, health sciences; Tyler Gray, sport and recreation management; Clifton Ambers, marketing; Grant Jarrell, management; Nicole Rivera, English; Dakota Orndorff, geographic science.
• Woodstock: Mollie Polhemus, finance; Mary Wakeman, nursing; Ryan Bowen, management; Tracey O’Neal, nursing; Nathan Gochenour, individualized study; Ryan Cook, marketing.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms