Winchester Fire & Rescue and the Winchester Sheriff’s Office are participating in Battle of the Badges blood drive from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday at the Active Living Center in the War Memorial building at Jim Barnett Park, 1001 E. Cork St., Winchester.
Appointments may be scheduled by calling 800-733-2767 or by visiting www.RedCrossBlood.org. When prompted, type in sponsor code Battle20. The team with the most donors “wins” the friendly competition, so donors are asked to mention whether they are attending for Team Fire & Rescue or Team Winchester Sheriff’s Office.
The following students attending Shenandoah University were named to the president’s list for the spring semester:
• Berryville: Sarah Burtner.
• Boyce: Anna-Claire Hart.
• Clear Brook: Hannah Ritchie.
• Edinburg: Jessica Tracy.
• Front Royal: Haleigh Brady, Amanda Kresge, Kevin Alexander Clark, Ciarra Berry.
• Stephenson: Cade Watts.
• Stephens City: Dreaya Somerville, Jacob Routhier, Cynthia Rodriguez, Timothy Dean, Sydney Phillips.
• Strasburg: Madelynne White.
• Timberville: Lauryn Shirkey.
• Winchester: McKenzie Garrett, Olivia Grant, Bailey Hamilton, Cassidy Spruill, Caius Ruscella, Jacob Masiello, Grace Dang, Kelli White, Payton Lanham, Noah Flanigan, Abriel Snider, McKenna Waldron, Trammell Anthony, Erin Washington, Nickelette Justice, Andres Arteaga, Christopher Lambert, Cera Graves.
Woodstock: Brooklyn Pumphrey.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms