A card shower is planned for Freddie Tusing, who will celebrate his 80th birthday Aug. 7. Cards may be sent to 2874 Mill Creek Road, Mount Jackson, Virginia 22842.
Beginning Monday, the Handley Regional Library System, which includes Handley in Winchester, Bowman in Stephens City and Clarke County in Berryville, will operate back to normal with no further COVID restrictions.
Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
The American Red Cross has an emergency need for lifesaving blood amid an ongoing severe shortage.
The following bloodmobiles will be held through Aug. 15:
• Clarke County: 1:30-7 p.m., Aug. 6 at Macedonia United Methodist Church, 1941 Macedonia Church Road, White Post.
• Frederick County: 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Aug. 13 at West Oak Farm Market, 4305 Middle Road, Winchester.
• Front Royal: 3-7 p.m., Aug. 9 at Front Royal Church of Christ, 140 W. 15th St.
• New Market: noon-5 p.m., Aug. 11 at American Legion Post Home, 202 E. Old Cross Road.
• Strasburg: 1:30-6 p.m., Wednesday at Strasburg Presbyterian Church, 325 S. Holliday St.
• Winchester: at the Blood Donation Center, 561 Fortress Drive, noon-6 p.m., Monday; 1-7 p.m., Tuesday; noon-6 p.m., Thursday; 1-7 p.m., Aug. 10; noon-6 p.m., Aug. 12.
• Woodstock: 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Thursday at Shenandoah Memorial Hospital, 759 S. Main St.; noon-5:30 p.m., Aug. 6 at American Legion Post Home, 411 S. Muhlenberg St.
In most cases, those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine can donate. However, knowing the name of the manufacturer of the vaccine they received is important in determining donation eligibility.
Donors who give blood Monday through Aug. 15 will be entered for a chance to win a VIP trip for two to the sold-out Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival. Donors who give blood during August will receive a free four-month subscription for new subscribers to Apple Music.
Appointments can be scheduled online at www.RedCrossBlood.org, by calling 800-733-2767 or by enabling the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device.
The New Market Area Library will be participating in the New Market Police Department's National Night Out event from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the town park. There will be fun activities, games, door prizes, face painting, food, giveaways and more.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms