The 4-H Nature day camp scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday at the Strasburg Town Park has been canceled.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 10:30 a.m., Impressions Theatre touring drama group.
• Wednesday: 2 p.m., Wildlife Ambassadors; 6 p.m., family game night.
• Thursday: 3:45 p.m., Lego Club for ages to 11 years.
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals training will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at the Warren County Fairgrounds in Front Royal.
Preregistration required at https://tinyurl.com/YQCA-July-8-WC-Fairgrounds. Information: 540-635-4549.
The Shenandoah County Extension office has announced the following groups will meet:
• Seven Bends 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at the Strasburg Moose Family Center.
• New Market 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at Reformation Lutheran Church.
Sustainability Matters will host a social and happy hour from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Sexi-Mexi Burrito Bar, 21 E. Boscawen St., Winchester.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will hold the following activities:
• Tuesday: 2 p.m., Creepy Crawlies presented by Wildlife Ambassadors; 3:30 p.m., Science Scouts for ages 6-11, build a sundial, registration required.
• Friday: 11 a.m., Music and Movement for ages to 7 and their parents, registration required; 2 p.m., ballet for ages 8 and up, registration required.
• July 13: 11 a.m., World of LEGO for ages 5 and up, registration required; 2 p.m., Sami Kart tournament for ages 10-18, registration required.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
The Shenandoah County Library System will hold the following activities:
• Wednesday: 10:30 a.m., the Luray Zoo will be at the Fort Valley Library.
• Thursday: 4:30 p.m., Super Smash Bros and tournament at the County Library in Edinburg.
Handley Library will hold Tiny Tales story time for ages to 11 at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, 901 Amherst St., Winchester.
Winchester Little Theatre will present “Robin Hood Misdirected” at 3 p.m. Wednesday at Handley Library. Information: 540-662-9041.
Handley Library in Winchester will the following book talks:
• Wednesday: 6:30 p.m., Shannon Bennett and Brianne Kirkpatrick, genetic genealogists, will talk about their new book “The DNA Guide for Adoptees: How to Use Genealogy and Genetics to Uncover Your Roots.”
• Thursday: 6 p.m., Cindy Ross will read from her latest book “The World is Our Classroom.”
The Apple Valley Needle Threaders will host a lecture by Marisela Rumberg on zentangle at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Berryville VFW, 425 S. Buckmarsh St. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Winchester-Frederick County Convention and Visitors Bureau will hold its first Newcomers Welcome and Information event from 5-7:30 p.m. Thursday at 1400 S. Pleasant Valley Road.
The Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum and Handley Library will be present with kid’s activities and information on the various programs that each offers and representatives from Winchester and Frederick County government offices will be on hand to offer information on utilities, taxes, vehicle registrations and more. Snacks served.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will host JustBirth for expectant parents from 6:15-7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Information: 540-869-9000.
The Bowman Puppeteers will perform at 10 a.m. Thursday at the New Market Area Library for ages through the fifth grade.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
Sunday: morning, Sue Foster; afternoon, Justin Baker.
Monday: morning, Hope Brim and Evelyn Judy; afternoon, June Hockman.
Tuesday: morning, Glenna Loving; afternoon, Terry Goad and Nookie Horan.
Wednesday: morning, Sally Fravel; afternoon, Jeanette Dovel.
Thursday: morning, Betty Sue Howard and Gloria Church; afternoon, Wendy Pieper.
Friday: morning, John Adamson; afternoon, Henry Himelright.
Saturday: morning, Dennis Hupp; afternoon, Tim Taylor.
Spay Today, the area’s nonprofit reduced-priced spay and neuter program, offers shots and tests at lower rates in addition to reduced-priced spay and neuter programs with many veterinarians over a wide area. Information: 304-728-8330 or www.baacs.org.
Steven Wolford, of Winchester, was named to the dean’s list at Frostburg State University for the spring semester.
DuPont Community Credit Union has announced winners of its annual scholarship essay contest. The topic was on financial health. The following local students received $1,000 scholarships:
• Berryville: Cynthia Fairbanks, Clarke County High School.
• Front Royal: Kaley Foulks, Warren County High School.
• Quicksburg: Virginia Biller, Stonewall Jackson High School.
• Stephens City: Hailey Catalano, Sherando High School.
• Strasburg: Satchel Roller, Strasburg High School.
• Winchester: Jaime Trejo-Angeles, John Handley High School; Isys Jones, Millbrook High School.
• Woodstock: Haleigh Myrtle, Central High School.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms