A card shower is planned for Flora Kagey, who will celebrate her 80th birthday Sunday. Cards may be sent to 10384 S. Middle Road, Edinburg, Virginia 22824.
The New Market Area Library will host its monthly program for adults at 3 p.m. Saturday. The guest speaker will be John Morrison, of Woodstock, who will share his story about the undertaking to create a tribute to the veterans of Vietnam. A decorated veteran himself, Morrison was a volunteer with the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund in its organizational stages in 1979 and served as a member of the board of directors until 1992. Information: 540-740-8650.
Walnut Springs Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) will host a yard party from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday. Dinners include country ham, fried chicken and barbecue. Carry-outs available. Live music by Charlie & Friends.
The Fort Valley Fire Department will host bingo at 6 p.m. Saturday. Food will be available to purchase starting at 5:30 p.m. Information: www.fortvalleyfiredepartment.com.
Chicken barbecue will be sold from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday to benefit the Shenandoah Alliance for Shelter at its office in Woodstock at 109 N. Main St. or the Eagles Club parking lot in Strasburg. Chicken is $4.50 per half. Preorders: 540-459-3212 or www.allianceforshelter.org.
Samuels Library in Front Royal will hold the following children’s activities:
• Saturday: 11 a.m., World of Lego for ages 5-up; 2 p.m., Sami Kart tournament for ages 10-18.
• Monday: 2 p.m., the movie “Sing” will be shown for ages 5 and up.
• Tuesday: 3:30 p.m., Science Scouts for ages 6-11. The program will be on investigating plant cells.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
The Shenandoah Area Council Boy Scouts of America will celebrate 75 years of camping at Camp Rock Enon from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at the camp, 292 Rock Enon Springs Road, Gore.
Included will be a barbecue and ice cream social, games, activities, historical displays and presentations. A ceremony will be held to dedicate the Craig D. Zunka DDS Mountain Man building and the parade ground paver project.
Information: 540-662-2551, visit https://tinyurl.com/y3ywvpzb or the council’s office at 107 Youth Development Court, Winchester.
The Narrow Passage chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution recognized the following students with its Good Citizen and Youth Citizenship awards.
Good Citizen awards were presented to Grayson Alan Manning, Central High School; Debra Lee Dillman, Strasburg High School; and Alan Denis Arnesen, Stonewall Jackson High School.
Youth Citizenship awards were presented to Gavin Morgan, W.W. Robinson Elementary School; Teyton Scholtz, Sandy Hook Elementary School; Alysse Jenkins-Roland, North Fork Middle School; and Odane Dodd, Peter Muhlenburg Middle School.
Ian Dyke, of Front Royal, graduated with honors May 3 from Bob Jones University. He received a bachelor’s degree in English education.
Randolph-Macon Academy recognized top seniors with its president’s award for academic achievement and presidential academic education award for academic excellence.
Students receiving the president’s award for academic achievement are:
• Nathaniel Chichester, son of Ruth Chichester, of Middletown.
• Carolyn Laourdakis, daughter of Tonja Phillips, of Winchester, and Thomas Laourdakis, of Front Royal.
• Caroline Starling, daughter of Mike and Jenny Starling, of Stephens City.
Students receiving the presidential academic education award for academic excellence are:
• Zachary Lusson, son of Matthew and Tiffani Lusson, of Front Royal.
• Noelle Kramer, daughter of Marc Kramer of Front Royal, and Sarah Kramer, of Yuma, Arizona.
• Nathan C. Stewart, son of Christopher W. and L. Janelle Stewart, of Edinburg.
Air Force Junior ROTC staff at Randolph-Macon Academy in Front Royal recognized the following cadets on May 1:
• Josiah Herring, a junior, was named outstanding cadet in aerospace III. He is the son of Dave and Marie Herring, of Linden.
• Zachary Lusson, a senior, was named outstanding cadet in aerospace IV and the drill team class. He is the son of Matthew and Tiffani Lusson, of Front Royal.
• Nathan C. Stewart, a senior, was named outstanding cadet in the drill team class. He is the son of Christopher W. and L. Janelle Stewart, of Edinburg.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms