A card shower is planned for Floyd Neff, who will celebrate his 80th birthday June 21. Cards may be sent to 1336 Back Road, Woodstock, Virginia 22664.
• Compassion Cupboard will distribute food from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3 p.m. Tuesday at 533 Burgess St., Strasburg. Information: 540-465-9476.
• The Bread of Life Food Pantry will distribute food from 1-4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday at Woodstock United Methodist Church. Information: 540-459-4144.
The Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following activities for children:
• Monday: 10:30 a.m., Peter McCory One Man Band will perform.
• Thursday: 10:30 a.m. — preschool storytime for ages 3 and up; 3:45 p.m., LEGO Club for all ages.
Handley Library in Winchester will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 2 p.m., Peter McCory One Man Band performs; 4 p.m., MakerSpace for ages 6-11.
• Tuesday: 10:30 a.m., Community Connections social hour; 1 p.m., Read with the Winchester Royals Baseball Team; 4 p.m., Xbox open gameplay for ages 12-up.
• Wednesday: 10:30 a.m., KidSTEAM, for children to age 5, registration required; 2 p.m., STEAMWorks for ages 6-11, registration required.
• Thursday: Graphic Novel Club for ages 12 and up.
• June 21: 2 p.m., Crafternoons for ages 6-11, registration required; 4 p.m., LEGO Club for ages up to 11.
• June 22: 10:30 a.m., family story time; 11 a.m., Lego Club for ages up to 11; 2 p.m., Paws for Reading for beginning readers.
Information: 540-662-9041 or www.handleyregional.org.
Bowman Library in Stephens City will hold the following activities:
• Monday: 5 p.m., LEGO Club for elementary- and middle school students; 6 p.m., Manga Art Club for ages 12 and up; 6 p.m., PJ Boogie for ages up to 11 years; 6 p.m., Teen Advisory Board meeting for ages 12 and up.
• Tuesday: 11 a.m., Peter McCoy One Man Band will perform.
• Wednesday: 11 a.m., preschool story time for ages 3 and up; 1 p.m., Reading with the Winchester Royals.
• June 21: 11 a.m., Build Together for all ages; 2 p.m., Xbox open gameplay; 5:30 p.m., teen game night for ages 12 and up.
• June 22: 9 a.m., drop off gently used books, DVDs, CD and sheet music for summer book sale; 10 a.m., Chess Club; 11 a.m., family story time for ages up to 5; 1 p.m., family film featuring “Rock Dog,” bring picnic lunch.
The Shenandoah County Extension office in Woodstock has announced the following activities:
• Monday: 6 p.m., teen training for 4-H camp at the Extension office; 7 p.m., Lebanon Church 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at the community center.
• Tuesday: 7 p.m., 4-H/FFA Livestock Show & Sale Executive Committee will meet at the Extension office.
• Wednesday: 7 p.m., Cabin Hill 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at Conicville Fire Hall.
• June 23-27: 4-H camp at the Northern Virginia 4-H Center in Front Royal for ages 9 to 13, cost is $300 per camper.
Information: call 540-459-6140, email Carol Nansel at email@example.com or visit www.shenandoah.ext.vt.edu/programs/4h-camping.html.
The Northwestern Community Services Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Thomas J. Peachy Center, 209 W. Criser Road, Front Royal.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
Sunday: morning, Sue Foster; afternoon, Doris Baker and Pat Clem.
Monday: morning, Jackie Richard; afternoon, Gloria Stickley.
Tuesday: morning, Trina Bailey; afternoon, Janet Fish and Margo.
Wednesday: morning, John Adamson; afternoon, Gloria Church and Betty Sue Howard.
Thursday: morning, Bob and Ida Smith; afternoon, Richard and Annie Kleese.
Friday: morning, Howard and Mary Paige; afternoon, C.J. Borden.
Saturday: morning, Amanda Laws; afternoon, Carolyn McKiernan and Hannalore Rehbein.
The Woodstock branch of Edward Jones is collecting school supplies through July 26 for needy children. Items may be dropped off at 489 W. Reservoir Road.
Molly-Kate Gavello, of Stephens City, earned a bachelor’s degree in nuclear and radiological engineering May 3-4 from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms