St. Peter’s Lutheran Church will hold a Father’s Day breakfast buffet from 7-10:30 a.m. Sunday at the Toms Brook Fire Department. The cost is $10 for adults and $6 for children under 10. Proceeds benefit the Toms Brook Cemetery Fund.
A Father’s Day memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at St. Stephens Lutheran Cemetery, 15737 Back Road, Strasburg.
Monday is the deadline to register for the Navy Commander Jack Turley Memorial Golf Tournament sponsored by Edinburg VFW Post 2447 on June 21 at Bryce Resort in Basye.
Driving range and registration opens 7:30 a.m with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. This is a four-ball captain’s choice format. An awards ceremony will follow the competition at the Shenandoah Center at Bryce.
Information, registration, sponsorship: 540-984-4355, email VFW@shentel.net or email@example.com, or contact Fred Evans at 540-335-4437 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Frank Painter at 540-325-9002 or email@example.com.
The Strasburg Women of the Moose will host a sloppy Joe dinner at 7 p.m. Monday at the lodge. Free-will offering.
Samuels Library in Front Royal will hold the following children’s activities:
• Monday: 2 p.m., the movie “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part,” will be shown for ages 5 and up.
• Tuesday: 3:30 p.m., Science Scouts program on animal cells, for ages 6-11.
• Wednesday: 2 p.m., A Creative Space program on abstract art for ages 12-up.
Information: 540-635-3153 or www.samuelslibrary.net.
Tiffany Heishman, a rising junior at Eastern Mennonite University, has been awarded a $1,000 scholarship from Valley Milk. She is majoring in accounting and business administration with a focus on agriculture. A graduate of Strasburg High School, she is the daughter of Ray and Tracey Heishman, of Strasburg.
• The following students were named to the dean’s list at Shepherd University for the spring term:
Edinburg: Isaiah T. Hall.
Mount Jackson: Kendra B. Coffey.
Strasburg: Dakota Funkhouser.
• Nathan James Heishman Goodlin, a history and political science major at Bridgewater College, was named to the dean’s list for the spring term. He is the son of Gary and Kim Goodlin, of Leesburg, and grandson of Richard and Charlotte Heishman, of Edinburg.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms