• A card shower is planned for Loretta Markley Linn, who will celebrate her 56th birthday Wednesday. Cards may be sent to 21177 Sundial Court, Ashburn, Virginia 20148.
• A card shower is planned for Larry Rinker, who will celebrate his 70th birthday Thursday. Cards may be sent to 649 Mt. Hebron Road, Toms Brook, Virginia 22660.
A fundraising event to benefit the Humane Society of Shenandoah County will be held from 6-8 p.m. today at the Sugar Shack, Main Street, Woodstock (across from Massanutten Military Academy). The Mash will be performing and there will be beer and wine for sale. Artists are invited to set up free booths.
The descendants of Luther Stultz will hold a family reunion 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the St. Luke Lutheran Church parish hall, west of Woodstock. Those attending are asked to bring a covered dish and/or drink.
The Shenandoah County Extension office has announced the following meetings will be held:
• Seven Bends 4-H Shooting Education Club will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at the Strasburg Moose Family Center.
• New Market 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 6 p.m. Monday at Reformation Lutheran Church.
• St. Luke-Saumsville 4-H Club and Cloverbuds will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Saumsville Christian Church.
• Shenandoah County 4-H Livestock Club will meet 7 p.m. Tuesday at Wakemans Grove Church of the Brethren.
The following volunteers are scheduled at the Strasburg Museum:
Sunday: morning, Peter and Peggy Zarrella; afternoon, Justin Baker.
Monday: morning, Hope Brim; afternoon, Kath Stanley.
Tuesday: morning, Bill and Pat McClanahan; afternoon, Terry Goad and Nookie Horan.
Wednesday: morning, Sally Fravel; afternoon, Jeanette Dovel.
Thursday: morning, Randy Painter; afternoon, Terry Goad.
Friday: morning, Sarah Bagnell and Margo; afternoon, Henry Himelright.
Saturday: morning, Conly and Tina Crabill; afternoon, Sherry Anderson.
The Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging operates two group Respite Centers in Shenandoah and Page counties for individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease or related dementia.
Our Place offers activities of crafts, music and exercise for adults with early- to mid-stage memory loss who are unable to be alone during the day. A noon meal and snacks are provided. The cost of the program is based on a sliding-fee scale.
The centers are open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. each Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Information: Sharon Elliot at 540-551-5620.
Spay Today, the area’s nonprofit, reduced-priced spay and neuter program offers shots and tests at lower rates in addition to reduced-priced spay and neuter programs with many veterinarians over a wide area. Information: 304-728-8330 or www.baacs.org.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms