U.S. Rep Ben Cline, who represents Virginia’s 6th Congressional District, will hold a town hall meeting from 8-9:30 a.m. Monday at the American Legion Post 119 located at 411 S. Muhlenberg St. in Woodstock.
“I look forward to meeting with the citizens of Shenandoah County next week,” Cline stated in a news release. “As with my previous town hall meetings across the Sixth Congressional District, this town hall will allow me to engage with Shenandoah County residents and take their views to Washington.”
The release notes signs and noisemakers are prohibited.
Magician Wes Isbell will perform to celebrate the opening of the summer reading program at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Strasburg Community Library. Information: 540-465-8464 or email@example.com.
The Shenandoah County Department of Social Services in Woodstock will hold a support group meeting for caregivers at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Light refreshments will be served. Information: Suzanne Brooks at 540-459-5905.
The Bowman Library in Stephens City will host a free workshop on preventing common gardening problems at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The workshop, presented by Tricia Boyd with the Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardener Association, will focus on common gardening problems, pests, fungus, water issues, and more. Information: Tory Gallery at 540-869-9000.
The Timberville Volunteer Fire Department will hold its annual lawn party from 5-10 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. Activities include:
Wednesday: shrimp night and karaoke.
Thursday: music by Swift Run Bluegrass.
Friday: beef barbecue, fireman’s parade at 6:30 p.m. and music by Showdown.
Saturday: barbecued chicken and music by The Young Oldman Band.
Handley Library in Winchester will host a La Leche League meeting at 10 a.m. Thursday for breastfeeding and expectant mothers. No registration necessary. Information: www.handleyregional.org.
The New Market Area Library will kick off its summer reading program at 10 a.m. Thursday for ages through fifth grade. The theme for the day will be “The Big Show” with special guests Wendy Whitford and Shanre Ring.
Clarke County Library in Berryville will hold the following programs:
• Preschool story time (ages 3-up): 10:30 a.m., Thursday.
• Brown Bag with Books Club (adults): noon, Thursday at Barns of Rose Hill. This month’s selection will be “The Library Book” by Susan Orlean.
Information: 540-955-5144 or www.handleyregional.org.
Emma Vanderlinden, of Berryville, earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry/general science May 18 from Grove City College.
The following students graduated May 11 from Shepherd University:
• Berryville: David G. Betz, Brandon Anthony Dang and Brendan Thomas Shifflett.
• Clear Brook: Kaleigh Bourdon Fincham and Erin Rebecca Place.
• Front Royal: Nemo Alexander Hirschberg.
• Lake Frederick: Patrick Clark.
• Middletown: John Andrew Bentley and Logan Khan Usmani.
• Mount Jackson: Kendra B. Coffey.
• Stephens City: Pamela B. Deck, Colin Benner, Reid Douglas Entsminger, Makesha Rose Gordon and Mark Porter Layden.
• Strasburg: Dakota Funkhouser.
• Winchester: Elizabeth Napier Kane, Christy Nicole Kulha, Jasmine Danielle Clough, Kayla D. Hodgson, Mattie Brianne Boyd, Shanquetta Desiree Butler, Sarah Price Fuentes Chizanskos, Caliph Greene, Amanda L. Hileman, Sarah E. Jeffries, Larissa E. LaMaster, Lauren Anne Reed and Brooke Logan Russell.
The following students were named to the dean’s list at Grove City College for the spring term:
• Stephens City: Jacob Crowley, a management major, son of Scott and Gretchen Crawley.
• Winchester: Alexander Applegate, a biology/health major, son of Douglas and Vaska Applegate.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms