• A card shower is planned for Paul Miller, who will celebrate his 79th birthday Sunday. Cards can be sent to 491 N. Water St., Woodstock, Virginia 22664.
• A card shower is planned for Shirley Seal, who will celebrate her 90th birthday March 9. Cards can be sent to 314 Hollingsworth Road, Woodstock, Virginia 22664.
The Shenandoah County Extension office has announced the following meetings will be held:
• County 4-H Club will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at American Legion Post 199 in Woodstock.
• 4-H Exchange Club will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock.
The work of artists Laurel and Bill Vaughan will be showcased at the First Thursday open house from 5-7 p.m. Thursday at 7 East Gallery, a VECCA partner, at 123 S. Main St., Woodstock.
The Basye/Orkney Springs Public Library will host a free foreign film festival each Thursday this month at 1382 Resort Drive, Basye.
A popular and critically acclaimed Danish film that was an Oscar runner-up for best foreign language in 2007 will be shown at 3 p.m. Thursday. The film will be shown in its original language with English subtitles.
Thursday is the deadline to register for a beginner line dance class for ages 55 and older sponsored by Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation.
The eight-week class will be held from 4-5 p.m. starting March 14 at the Historic Courthouse in Woodstock. The cost is $45. Information, registration: 540-459-6777.
Samuels Public Library in Front Royal will offer the following programs for adults:
• Trivia night: 7-9 p.m., Tuesdays at Vine and Leaf, 477 South St.
• General Education Development class: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• English as a Second Language: 10 a.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays.
• What the Tech!: 2-3:30 p.m., every Tuesday, bring phones, tablets, e-readers, etc.
• WIC Breastfeeding Mom’s Support Group: 1 p.m., Thursday.
• Exploring computers (intermediate): 2-3:30 p.m., Thursdays.
• Genealogy Nuts-Shake Your Family Tree workshop: 6-7:30 p.m., Thursday.
Send in your events at www.nvdaily.com/site/forms